Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best cams for a 103? I'm looking for cams that will work in the low/midrange. I mainly ride solo but do ride 2 up also. I'm looking for bolt in cams. I know this has probably been asked a million times but I've been reading so much that I'm more confused now so any info or suggestions will help. Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would give Jamie at Fuel Moto a ring, he's got that engine down! Just my opinion.

Scoop

·
Registered
248 Posts
I talked with Jamie Fuel Moto last week
Spent a pocket full of money on the princesses softail
Woods 222, power commander V with lifetime custom maps, fuel moto pushrods, cam install kit. Couple of other things
All at a great price and THE place to buy Power Commanders, way less money than anyplace else I had ran across plus they send them with your map already downloaded!!
He seems like a really great guy took the time to explain what it was I was purchasing
I probably had him on the phone for 45 minutes and never felt like he was trying to rush me or squeeze me for more money
Some of the best customer interaction I've ever had

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
You're opening up a can of worms because everyone has an opinion on what works for them. There are plenty of threads on this subject and a search will give you hours of reading.
I used the SE 255 and then went to the Woods TW222 cams both are low end / mid range torque cams but IMO the Woods TW222 is a much better cam.
The Woods TW555 is also good but it will move the torque range up the rpm range a little, T-Man torquester 555 cams are used by some but it is comparable to the TW555

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
+1 on the woods 222 cams or the fueling 543 cams for a 103 for low end torque, IMO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ask a hundred people and get a hundred different responses I went with the fuelingpartscom 574 reaper bolt in cam pretty easy to install and their map for the tts tuner works well. I opted to pull the rockers off and reuse the stock pushrods. A little more time but cheaper in the long run if you do it yourself and you have the proper tools Need the bearing puller and installer to do yourself Seems most of the cams are pretty much the same grind or pretty darn close Bought mine off ebay for 219.00

·
Registered
30 Posts
Agreed about Fuelmoto having this build down. I have a couple of friends running the TW-777. They are turning great torque and power. Both bikes are a ton of fun to ride.....both use PC5 fuel mgmt. Both are very reliable....

·
Registered
98 Posts
What is the best cams for a 103? I'm looking for cams that will work in the low/midrange. I mainly ride solo but do ride 2 up also. I'm looking for bolt in cams. I know this has probably been asked a million times but I've been reading so much that I'm more confused now so any info or suggestions will help. Thanks
I would take a look at Dragos 565 or even his 580 cams.He's been getting some very respectable numbers and needless to say a lot of happy customers.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I haven't looked at Dragos cams but maybe I should
Call and talk to Frank. He's a straight up guy.

I had woods 222, Andrews 57h, s&s 551 on my list when cam shopping. There are a lot of options out there. I went with Frank's setup just to be different from the crowd.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
I would go with Andrews 54h. Or one of Frank's recommendations.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Frank recommended TMan 555TQ cams before he had his own cams. Along with his Dragula 2:1 exhaust and a TMax tuner, it really woke up my 103. All bolt in with no issues. Bike performs great and gets 40 MPG at 80+ MPH! Frank is the man.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Frank recommended TMan 555TQ cams before he had his own cams. Along with his Dragula 2:1 exhaust and a TMax tuner, it really woke up my 103. All bolt in with no issues. Bike performs great and gets 40 MPG at 80+ MPH! Frank is the man.

Franks cams I have in my bike I get 42mpg at 70-80mph if I don't beat on it too much.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts