Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Road Glide Ultra
201 Posts
I have the ram mount but I can’t say that I love it. The rubber band has to be replaced abt twice per year. I won’t replace the ram mount unless it breaks....and then I would try something different.

·
Registered
2019 CVO Roadglide in Mako Shark Fade
19 Posts
Just need some ideas on what u guys are using . I may just go ironaces on my 2015 rg. Want it low not up high on controls or bars. Thank you and of course pics help. I have 14” apes.
ROKFORM! No better phone holder. I tried the Ram mount and the SP connect and they don't even come close to the security of the mount or adjustability

·
Registered
2013 Road Glide Ultra FLTRU
223 Posts
I have the ram mount but I can’t say that I love it. The rubber band has to be replaced abt twice per year. I won’t replace the ram mount unless it breaks....and then I would try something different.
+1 on this exact comment

·
Registered
868 Posts
Techmount for me. I have tried ram, rokform (couldnt get the right angle on it) great product and quality, and ciro. I found the techmount is the best application for my needs.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I must say, Iam surprised at the amount of riders that must have a cell phone on their bars,
I know Iam biased, as it was a kid on a cell phone....that changed my life...For the worse

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I must say, Iam surprised at the amount of riders that must have a cell phone on their bars,
I know Iam biased, as it was a kid on a cell phone....that changed my life...For the worse
For music and directions for us older bikes yes but nothing else. I got a bole.tovget away from my phone (and wife).

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Ok so I went tackform. So I host quite a few poker runs and have to use my waze app to lead so I use it for that purpose only and only in those days . As far as general everyday use nope stays in the glove box on side. So I asked for helped because I needed a on and off set up for those times. I am gonna mod it to go where I have not seen one mounted yet so will see. Also I don’t have the cash to upgrade to a Nav set up. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
8,675 Posts
@Bruce00 I use My Cell Phone for My Music. Whenever I ride I put My Cell Phone on "Do Not Disturb" and just connect My Music to My Sound System. For Directions, I have the Harley Zumo Road Tech 660.
Mike U.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey all, I found a 25% discount code online for the Rokform and it worked. I didn’t think it would because the site seemed weird but I tried it. I used IDEVICE25 and I saved about 45 bucks over what I paid on Amazon, partly because they didn’t charge me sales tax since I’m in NY. Amazon has free returns on it, so I’m just going to turn around and return the new stuff to Amazon when it arrives and I’m 45 bucks richer haha.

It‘ll also make the pill easier to swallow for anyone that thinks the Rokform is too pricey. Just thought I’d share.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
@Bruce00 I use My Cell Phone for My Music. Whenever I ride I put My Cell Phone on "Do Not Disturb" and just connect My Music to My Sound System. For Directions, I have the Harley Zumo Road Tech 660.
Mike U.
I understand people use their phone for music whether bluetooth or wired. But that would work from the glovebox, right?
I used to have a garmin mounted on my RK handlebars, so I understand the need, but distractions are distractions...
I was behind a m/c on I-287 couple weeks ago, he was maybe a mile ahead of me. Noticed his brake light kept coming on, as he was in the left lane and cars passing on his right, as I got closer, I noticed his left hand waving around like he was shooing flies away.....LOL. He did have all his gear on, riding on a ____! When I went around him, he was still in the left lane, yapping on his phone 😂 😂 😂

I have no problem people doing what ever THEY want to too, just a friendly reminder that there are people out there, on their phones that will kill you.
The anger I had for the driver that hit me, was a health killer. But I recognized it and seeked help. Something I wouldn't wish on anyone.
Just a different perspective from laying in SICU and a Trauma ward because of a cell phone & a 26 yr old

·
Registered
350 Posts
Ok so I went tackform. So I host quite a few poker runs and have to use my waze app to lead so I use it for that purpose only and only in those days . As far as general everyday use nope stays in the glove box on side. So I asked for helped because I needed a on and off set up for those times. I am gonna mod it to go where I have not seen one mounted yet so will see. Also I don’t have the cash to upgrade to a Nav set up. Thank you for your help.
Good choice. U won't need the rubber spider web that comes with it. Toss it. The all metal holder has a really strong hinge spring. That phone isn't going anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I understand people use their phone for music whether bluetooth or wired. But that would work from the glovebox, right?
I used to have a garmin mounted on my RK handlebars, so I understand the need, but distractions are distractions...
I was behind a m/c on I-287 couple weeks ago, he was maybe a mile ahead of me. Noticed his brake light kept coming on, as he was in the left lane and cars passing on his right, as I got closer, I noticed his left hand waving around like he was shooing flies away.....LOL. He did have all his gear on, riding on a ____! When I went around him, he was still in the left lane, yapping on his phone 😂 😂 😂

I have no problem people doing what every THEY want to too, just a friendly reminder that there are people out there, on their phones that will kill you.
The anger I had for the driver that hit me, was a health killer. Before I recognized it and seeked help. Something I wouldn't wish on anyone.
Just a different perspective from laying in SICU and a Trauma ward because of a cell phone & a 26 yr old
This is nuts and what was he thinking? He could have got into an accident that caused other people to get hurt. Himself who cares. Think other people once in a while....

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I’d go tack from mount as well. Did a little review of it if you guys want to watch it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went with a Techmount but that’s a good video.

Reactions: ultradew

·
Registered
480 Posts
A pocket in my jacket. When I go down, I want to be able to call for help without having to crawl back to the bike. I stream music and GPS (audio) from it to the 2010 vintage Harmon Kardon radio with a $20 Bluetooth dongle that plugs into the AUX jack, letting me keep my eyes on the road.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts