Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone do for chrome hand controls? I ordered my Buky Malos 3 weeks ago. Hoping they come soon. Was just going to install and change our controls later... Now I'm thinking I might collect parts and do everything the first time. So now I'm shopping for chrome hand controls... Has anyone had good luck with exchanges? Does Willy Shiney do hand controls? doesn't say so on his site. I had a little issue with a chrome exchange on my fork legs this spring so I'm skeptic... However, even with a discount through PCPain the bar clamps, master cylinder, switch housing, etc... gets pretty pricey.

Then this is going to lead to a painted inner fairing... Can open... worms everywhere!

-Mike

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
You can run PM, Ness, etc master cylinder and clutch level perch but I would highly highly highly recommend sticking with the HD button assemblies ;)

The aftermarket versions are proven to not hold up well and last

Oh yeah and chrome controls are just pricey LOL there are a few exchange deals out there, but like you said.....you never know what your really gonna get....

Ultimately, you got to pay to play :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
I used a exchange place off of ebay. Had emailed him to price an exchange minus switch housings since I had those already. Very happy with the quality so far. Have had them on about 1 1/2" months. Ill try and attach a pic of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to thank you guys for the replies.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone have the Ness Chrome master cylinder and lever kit? Includes the chrome switch covers and uses the HD switches... Anyone seen these first hand?

Same items in HD from PCPain (assuming 20% off) is about $550. Ness version is $360. Echange runs about $300 plus cost of advil for headache.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my front wheel from Willy Shiny, Joe the owner was excellent to work with. The chrome work is show quality.
Do you think they do hand controls? They don't show it on their site but I haven't called to ask. Maybe would have to send him my originals if he doesn't already have some done? I've heard good things about him. Was thinking about using him for my brake calipers.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used Ness Rad 3 controls. Comes with everyhing even switch housing in chrome for $359
This is what i'm leaning toward!!! Seems like i good deal. Did you have any issues with them?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts