Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get the black gauges for my 2015 rgs, and some guys were ordering them from dealers and getting good prices, is there any recommendations on dealers to contact, I cant find the posts that had some of this info, my local dealers dont offer any discounts

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I am looking to get the black gauges for my 2015 rgs, and some guys were ordering them from dealers and getting good prices, is there any recommendations on dealers to contact, I cant find the posts that had some of this info, my local dealers dont offer any discounts
Jon with Horney Toad in Texas. Since I live in Texas, I order from Boardtracker HD to save the taxes.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Jon with Horney Toad in Texas. Since I live in Texas, I order from Boardtracker HD to save the taxes.

yep... best online prices you can get....

·
Registered
623 Posts

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
and since no one else has posted it:

[email protected]

254-743-7200

ask for jon in parts (unless his schedule has changed, he's off on mon and tues)

·
Registered
523 Posts
SURDYKE.com is a good one as well

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I negotiated 30% off at my local dealer with purchase of bike.

Otherwise, boardtrackeronline for parts, and barnett Harley for merchandise.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, i called horny toad and John quoted me $656, for the black gauges, I called back to confirm we were on the same page about the part and he said yes, thats the price, thats not a deal at all

·
Registered
961 Posts
Based on what I can get from Canada, 400 for a speedo, 200 for a tach, and 55 for each of the small gauges, I'd say not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Well, i called horny toad and John quoted me $656, for the black gauges, I called back to confirm we were on the same page about the part and he said yes, thats the price, thats not a deal at all
did you mention that you were referred via the forum? I don't think he can just offer the discount, you have to mention it. did you verify that both you and he were looking at the same gauge? I went to the h-d.com webpage and saw a set of black faced gauges, first offered on the 14 and 15 cvo models, speedo and tach were 299.95, while the fuel gauge and the volt gauge were 99.95 each.
part number for the speedo/tach: 70900295
fuel gauge: 70900296
volt gauge: 70900297

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, those are the gauges I am referrimg to, I even called back because I thought the price was high, and I did mention I was recommended to call by people on the road glide .com forum, I can call back tomorrow and see if we are miscommumicating on something and inquire about the forum discount

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've been using Jon @ Horny Toad for a few years and $1000s in parts. He has always beat everyone else for me. I usually cross check his prices against Boardtracker HD. You can type in those part number and see what the Boardtracker discounted price is right online. John has always been the same or a dollar or two cheaper?

With that being said I think Boardtracker has free shipping over $250 (used to be $99). Every now and then There will be a part Jon just can't compete on. Back when you could buy the race tuner Boardtracker had them at $350, Jon couldn't come close. I bought that from Boardtracker.

BOARDTRACKER

·
Registered
231 Posts
I always e-mail Jon @ Horny Toad and get a discount. Bet if you call you don't . Most dealers that discount only do it online.

·
Registered
393 Posts
did you mention that you were referred via the forum? I don't think he can just offer the discount, you have to mention it. did you verify that both you and he were looking at the same gauge? I went to the h-d.com webpage and saw a set of black faced gauges, first offered on the 14 and 15 cvo models, speedo and tach were 299.95, while the fuel gauge and the volt gauge were 99.95 each.
part number for the speedo/tach: 70900295 @ $244.00
fuel gauge: 70900296 @ $81.00
volt gauge: 70900297 @ $81.00
I have always used BoardtrackerHD, above are the prices there.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
You have to tell Jon that you're a member of RG.ORG not just referred from members. From what I know Jon only gives members discounts. The last time I call Jon for parts the price seemed a little bit high so I am wondering if forum members are still getting a discount or not.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Jon has been great to me. 25% off of everything I've ordered.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
+1 on Jon @ Horny Toad. Good prices and his customer service is top notch too! When checking around also check their return policies. When you spend money at Surdyke, for example, you spent it. If you have to return something you won't get your money back but instead a gift card to be spent on something else from Surdyke.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I dont see New Castle Harley mentioned much, but I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them. They give a 20 percent discount and shipping is faster because we're both on the east coast. I've ordered two sets of color matched lowers from them and to my surprise received them in under two weeks each time.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts