Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading over the posts and yes I know this is a question all the time. But in your opinions, who has the best stereo/amp ugrade for the 17's. Just upgrading the speakers in the fairing. Budget is not a concern. I'm not adding lowers or taking up space in my bags. Just want to know if there are any systems out there that are actually worth all the money. Thanks and rock on! ??

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I've been reading over the posts and yes I know this is a question all the time. But in your opinions, who has the best stereo/amp ugrade for the 17's. Just upgrading the speakers in the fairing. Budget is not a concern. I'm not adding lowers or taking up space in my bags. Just want to know if there are any systems out there that are actually worth all the money. Thanks and rock on! ??
Well Sir, I like Polk MM for the money. You can pick up a set for about $150. Polk MM652. I use two sets of the older MM 6501 components with a lot of power and I’m happy at 80 with my helmet and ear plugs in. Of course...I did melt my crossovers....but that’s a whole separate issue that wouldn’t apply to you. 😁 Thanks for your service btw. Much appreciated. And I’m local to you, as are a few others that I’ve met if you want to ride this spring/summer let me know.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Budget not an issue than this is easy. Hertz ML 1650.3 with MP 25.3 tweets bridged to a Diamond micro 4V2 or DD AW 6.5 with AT 28 tweets bridged to JL 280 amp. The new Focal FDP Sport amp may be even better, but I don’t have mine installed yet so can’t speak from experience.

People can split hairs all day over the “best” because sound is so subjective, but both those setups are loud, clear and have outstanding sound quality.

Of course there’s always something better, but to beat either of those with a front fairing only setup is going to cost a boat load of money for marginal improvement. Pro audio setups will trump them for loudness but need speakers in lids to fill out the sound and there’s not much room in RG grills for a horn, which would mean cutting under the radio or pulling a gage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
I went 2 speakers system only on my 2017. Arc Audio Moto 600.4 amp and Hertz Mille Pro 6.5 speakers. I am sure you can do a lot better and I am sure you can do a lot worse. Good clean loud sound backroading or @ 80 on the super slab, I am very happy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Madmat. I'm in NH and was looking into same setup with BT levelers. Who did you go through?

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Hey Madmat. I'm in NH and was looking into same setup with BT levelers. Who did you go through?
True confessions Scott, as much as I hate to admit it I paid someone to put it in. Time was kinda sensitive last summer and I put the dough aside and just did it. Audiowerks in Tewkesbury Ma, Matt hooked me up. A bunch of my friends have done business with him with great results. Drove up on Saturday morning, went to breakfast and 1.5 hours later drove home with good tunes.

I was going to buy a system on here and no cage audio stopped selling on here. Between the flash at the dealer, the line leveler and the time I didn't have, happy with the results. Lots of great advice and options on this forum. I basically picked the same system my buddy has in his bike because it's loud and sounds good and seems to be lasting.

Audiowerks also does a tent at Laconia with installs. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
My suggestion is to listen to as many bikes as you can and find out what you like. You might like something that wasn't even mentioned the best.
No matter what speaker you choose, good sound comes from good clean power. Get a amp with plenty of clean power. Some amps sound better with certain speakers, so that also has to be taken into consideration.

My buddy has one of the "package" setups, amp and speakers. His cost way more than mine but its not even close in quality of sound of how loud it is. I don't have the heart to tell him he wasted his money. He is OK with it so it is what it is.

Contact Bagger Audio Lab and talk to Alex. He can set you up with some killer stuff that will blow any 2 speaker setup Packaged together.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Bottom line as stated listen you as many sy sg emns as you can. Ask questions, set a budget and go for it. Me I'm a piece at a time person, fairing speakers amp. Then I'll go lids and speaker's then lower pods, thgenn tour pack then tour pack speaker pods. This way I can save for better speakers and build up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
audio is very subjective..what i like may not work for you..a woman i think is hot..you may say.. not so much..so you just got to look and listen ..and find what you like..at a price you can afford

·
Registered
590 Posts
back in 2015 I installed biktronics titan II speakers (HAT audio) Biktronics line leveler JL Audio HX 280 amp. bridged @ 140 watts per channle and a amp. Install kit from nvx audio still kicking ass! just around 500.00 like a broken dick can't beat it lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
True confessions Scott, as much as I hate to admit it I paid someone to put it in. Time was kinda sensitive last summer and I put the dough aside and just did it. Audiowerks in Tewkesbury Ma, Matt hooked me up. A bunch of my friends have done business with him with great results. Drove up on Saturday morning, went to breakfast and 1.5 hours later drove home with good tunes.

I was going to buy a system on here and no cage audio stopped selling on here. Between the flash at the dealer, the line leveler and the time I didn't have, happy with the results. Lots of great advice and options on this forum. I basically picked the same system my buddy has in his bike because it's loud and sounds good and seems to be lasting.

Audiowerks also does a tent at Laconia with installs. Good luck with your decision.
thanks for the update

1 - 13 of 13 Posts