Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen a couple of different companies and qualities. Best looking and best fitting??
1. Biketronics kit
2.Scosche hd7000b
3. V Twin Audio or the
4. Hawg wired DK470
For the guys that are running aftermarket radios, which do you prefer or dislike.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hawg wired or sidecar cycles. The biketronics kit sucks and looks like ass IMO. I have had all listed above. The hawg wired/sidecar cycles looks the best and fits the best.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the Biketronics looked pretty cheap . Probably why its the cheapest. Ill definitely cross that one off the list.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I used the HW kit and the quality is excellent. I would also recommend the Sidecar Cycle splash cover. It is a little pricey but works extremely well at sealing out rain, plus it looks good.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Does anyone have a link to the sidecar kit? How much on average?
About 350.00 plus shipping. I got mine off eBay direct from vtwin. I replaced it with MEDALLION BAGGER STEREO SYSTEM. I got tired of pulling off the faceplate to play with the radio. This medallion bagger radio has everything and it's really waterproof.

Check it out, here's a link. I got it from EP for $650.00

http://www.medallionis.com/BaggerStereo.html

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Lots of members on here use the kit from biketronics and have had nothing but positive comments on it. I ordered their kit and it will be here in a few days. When I get it next weekend I'll give a review of it.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I've decided that Im gonna get the V Twin Audio install kit and their high dollar cover. They also offer an amp kit for the roadglides that is supposed to be made for them. Gonna go with the more expensive kit. It looks to notch.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll be using the Biketronics controller only because a buddy of mine gave me a brand new one. Saves me some freed up cash to buy a nicer install kit. Hope it works good.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I'll be using the Biketronics controller only because a buddy of mine gave me a brand new one. Saves me some freed up cash to buy a nicer install kit. Hope it works good.
Good luck with the biketronics controller. I went through two of those things. They aren't worth the box they come in.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good luck with the biketronics controller. I went through two of those things. They aren't worth the box they come in.
Im surprised there are so many issues, both sides of the mother board are soldered. I checked all of the soldered joints. They look good. Crossing my fingerd I dont have any issues.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts