Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put a hidden antenna in my fairing and would like know which brands are best?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 2 cents, they all suck. Bend your antenna along the seat. There are threads on this site that show how it's done. Save your time
and money. Or, use your own music.
Bout what I figured.... heck I can't figure out how to search for stuff on here. Always tells me invalid information used

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Holly shoot! Look at the size of rock103's antenna!!!lol I like the factory on but Im afraid Im going to put my eye out on it one day.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Holly shoot! Look at the size of rock103's antenna!!!lol I like the factory on but Im afraid Im going to put my eye out on it one day.
I get hella reception though bro! lol Didn't really notice before, but looks like it is on the bike huh? :laugh:

·
Registered
24 Posts
+1 on the YouTube version. Did mine that way, FM works well, AM doesn't work so well. I have no idea how AM would work if the antenna was mounted as original. I put mine under the seat from day 1 and use the FM locally (as I mentioned, works well) and use USB when I'm on the road out in the sticks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thats freaking awesome, i have never seen that before. I had the hidden antenna on my last bike and it was spotty. I hope this works for me, if it doesn't just put it back.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I had the Harley one, it was spotty. Then I got that Kuryakyn one, my brother said it works pretty good for what it is. It's not powered, just plugs in. I installed it with the rest of my new radio stuff at the time, and my amp wipes out the FM signal. So, now I need to figure out what I'm going to do to get decent signal. I think I'll end up running some sort of antenna in the rear again.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I put mine under the seat as well and got a skirt plug from Harley for $2.
Very easy

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Very easy
Same here, except I stuffed shorty up there. Works fine, but I do have some signal degradation because of my AMP, not because of the antenna relocation.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Just put the J&M passive hidden antenna in the faring last night and found a bunch of new stations I didn't even know about. Gonna button it up and ride around to see just how good it really is. Also, it splices into the factory rear antenna for when the tour-pak is on for double protuberance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just put Harley version on. Works fine in town, spotty in boonies. Happy to be free of mast.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very easy
I did this today. Super quick and easy and reception is great

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I also used the Harley brand for AM/FM and have no issues, also went with Sirius radio, discontinued the CB antenna.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts