Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best lubricants to use? I’m thinking of going with Amsoil 20/50 for engine, tranny, primary. What others are good for an all in one type lubricant?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes and I have asked the moderator to ban/block any key words in responses of **sumping** or **warranty** 🙂

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Oh no, another oil thread. They are all good and subject to personal preference. After reading threads like this, I have tried probably 50 different combinations and I have never had an engine or transmission fail on me. Assuming by this thread that you are not an expert, just go to the dealer and get syn 3 for all three.

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
I did switch to using HD formula plus 1 qt + 6 oz of 2050 Mobile 1 MC oil in the primary. It definitely made a difference from using there regular primary oil or SN3.
I always do a total drain, never just pull the plug. I'm still on the original oem compensator.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has nothing to do with being an expert. I’m plenty experienced and was just asking what others were using these days. Been a few years since I’ve changed my own oil in my bikes and things always changing in the world... thanks. But looks like not much has changed it seems. Oh also..I’ll take the strawberry please

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Has nothing to do with being an expert. I’m plenty experienced and was just asking what others were using these days. Been a few years since I’ve changed my own oil in my bikes and things always changing in the world... thanks. But looks like not much has changed it seems. Oh also..I’ll take the strawberry please
I hope you didn't take what I said the wrong way, because I am surely not an expert. I learned 80% of what I know about maintenance from the actual experts on this forum. There's a lot of knowledge here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts