Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Ordered an HJC IS-Max-2 to try out. Have always worn full face in the past but wanted to try a modular for convenience. Ordered a large because that's what their size chart said would fit but I need an XL. That's not the only issue though. After wearing for 10 minutes watching tv, not only was it too tight but I noticed too much pressure on the front of my forehead. Got it at Revzilla and they have a very good return policy but now I need to find a modular that actually fits a more oval shaped head instead of round. Any of you on here that have a more oval or long oval shaped head that have had good luck finding a modular that fit well and was comfortable? I have 30 days to make up my mind but I don't want to take that long. When I called Revzilla to ask them their recommendations they said the only helmet that really fit a long oval shape in a modular was Lazer and they don't have my size in that one and don't know if or when they will. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I have an oval shaped head and the Shoei Neotech is a great fit. Yes the price is up there so if you really don't want to spend that much don't ever try one on. That was my mistake.

·
Administrator
12,336 Posts
Nolan N104 , mine is an XL , and it was a snug fit for a few days and now it is perfect .. Also from Revzilla ..

JtB

·
Premium Member
2,917 Posts
I have the Nolan N104 in 2xl and the fit is great. I just can't get used to feeling of having my head stuck in a bucket so I rarely wear it. It's not the helmet, it's me…

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
Maybe you could go to Cycle Gear, if you have one close by. They have a wide selection of helmets. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Hillglide's recommendation is right on. Buying helmets on-line is a crap shoot at best. I want to cycle gear, found what I liked and fit then went on-line and found the best price. Good luck.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, the closest Cycle Gear is 2 hours away. May be time for a little road trip.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
'Have the Shark Evoline III, it seems to be made more for the long oval head, my head is more round so I had to do some adjusting...

Harley is now carrying the Evoline III, you might try one on at your dealer...

+1 for Revzilla!!!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
'Have the Shark Evoline III, it seems to be made more for the long oval head, my head is more round so I had to do some adjusting...

Harley is now carrying the Evoline III, you might try one on at your dealer...

+1 for Revzilla!!!

Heatwave,

I was interested in the Evoline III and watched a video on Revzilla about the different brands of helmets and their fit. They stated that the Shark Evo III was more for a round shaped head. I then went and tried one at the Helmet shop in Daytona and their review seemed accurate to me and that's why I ended up going with the Shoei. I wonder if they changed at some point...? Weird....

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Another Shoei fan here. Best fitting helmet for me period.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Heatwave,

I was interested in the Evoline III and watched a video on Revzilla about the different brands of helmets and their fit. They stated that the Shark Evo III was more for a round shaped head. I then went and tried one at the Helmet shop in Daytona and their review seemed accurate to me and that's why I ended up going with the Shoei. I wonder if they changed at some point...? Weird....
Maybe I just have a really fat head???

·
Registered
639 Posts
I must have an extra long oval head LOL. NO modulars fit me. Well, lots do, but I get a hot spot on my forehead after an hour. Ended up going with an Arai full face.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Ok, Ordered an HJC IS-Max-2 to try out. Have always worn full face in the past but wanted to try a modular for convenience. Ordered a large because that's what their size chart said would fit but I need an XL. That's not the only issue though. After wearing for 10 minutes watching tv, not only was it too tight but I noticed too much pressure on the front of my forehead. Got it at Revzilla and they have a very good return policy but now I need to find a modular that actually fits a more oval shaped head instead of round. Any of you on here that have a more oval or long oval shaped head that have had good luck finding a modular that fit well and was comfortable? I have 30 days to make up my mind but I don't want to take that long. When I called Revzilla to ask them their recommendations they said the only helmet that really fit a long oval shape in a modular was Lazer and they don't have my size in that one and don't know if or when they will. Any help is appreciated.
I have a big oval head and the Nolan N104 XXL or Shoei Neotech XL fit me best. I have had the Nolan 3 years, love it. The Neotech is quieter and more expensive.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought a Bell Revolver EVO and I wear a size 7 1/2 hat. I got the biggest size they make. I have an intermediate oval head shape but I'm a big guy at 6'2" and 280lb. I find that the helmet is uncomfortably tight esp around the temples and my chin hits the bar pretty bad. I have heard that this is common in modular helmets(chin room) but i have never worn a full face to compare the two. I usually only wear a Daytona half helmet but I'm looking for something to wear in bad weather and long trips. The main reason for choosing it was the transitions shield (which is AWESOME!!). I do know that Shoei is now making a transitions shield and if it's the same quality as the Bell one then Shoei might be my new go-to for helmets since I have heard better reviews about their helmets.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I have a big head and got a G force on Amazon and got a XL. Sold to a friend and got XXL. Love it. Great ventilation and seems like a good quality helmet. I think i paid $250
Make sure ya try on several at different dealerships before ya step up and buy one. Our dealer won't allow any returns on a helmet. :-(

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 26 Posts