Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good set of soft lowers, for one reason or another, I can use on my 19?( other than the Moco) Thanks

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Try eglidegoodies.com

·
Registered
194 Posts
I got some on Ebay this fall,This place Junes Upolstry,I think they were out of Minn.Good Quality,Fit good keeps the wind off a lot warmer in the Fall an Spring,Go on an off easy an were $55 shipped.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I got some on Ebay this fall,This place Junes Upolstry,I think they were out of Minn.Good Quality,Fit good keeps the wind off a lot warmer in the Fall an Spring,Go on an off easy an were $55 shipped.
Gonna hold off this time. Hoping to get some AdvanBlack lowers when ‘19 colors come out.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good set of soft lowers, for one reason or another, I can use on my 19?( other than the Moco) Thanks
https://www.airlite.ca/ - Airlight Motorcyle Chaps. Had them on several bikes that didn't have the factory lowers on them. Just sold mine to a friend since I installed speakers in hard lowers on my Rushmore Roadie. Easy to take on and off and came with a bag.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I must live under a rock, next to my bike,of course. I haven't heard of any of these awesome suggestions. Thank you my brothers for keeping this forum a true stand-out. TEAR-IT-UP out there!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The airlites read amazing. Do they really move enough air to the engine in warm weather while raining or just riding after day warms up? Thanks

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Yes, and no. The center of the chaps is mesh, which allows air to the front cylinder. But the pieces that wrap on the bars are not mesh and block air from getting enough air to the sides of the front cylinder and rear cylinder, so riding with chaps (any soft lower) above 60* is not a great idea. I've left mine on in the rain over 60* with no issues and rode over 50 miles at over 70* in sunny weather because I just forgot to take them off when I left work. Again, no issues. The Airlites go off and on so easy that you can take them off , roll it up, and stick it in saddle bag if the weather warms up on you.

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,148 Posts
I have had Airlites on my last three bikes. Love them and extremely well made.
So what is the benefit of the Airlites product over the HD soft lowers? The price is basically identical from what I can see. Not trying to shove money to one over the other, but I am just wondering...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Another vote for the Airlites. I have had them on my last two bikes, and my two riding buddies also got them once they saw mine. Ease of on and off, you can get them with holes for highway pegs or without (not a zipper like HD), and really effective windblocking are the pros. Also I like it being one piece and the buckle on the HD also steered me away.

Adam

·
Registered
411 Posts
Another vote for the Airlites. I have had them on my last two bikes, and my two riding buddies also got them once they saw mine. Ease of on and off, you can get them with holes for highway pegs or without (not a zipper like HD), and really effective windblocking are the pros. Also I like it being one piece and the buckle on the HD also steered me away.

Adam
What he said

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
So what is the benefit of the Airlites product over the HD soft lowers? The price is basically identical from what I can see. Not trying to shove money to one over the other, but I am just wondering...
Well for one they look better on the bike but most of all they are much easier to put on and take off. They are a one piece construction and they just slide over one side and you just wrap and secure the Velcro on the other. I've had both and the HD weren't bad by any means but the Airlites were quite a bit better.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got my Airlites with the pouches on the back so I also gained some extra storage space. Not a ton of space but I'll take it. I've looked at other bikes with HDs version and the quality just isn't comparable with the HDs lacking.

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,148 Posts
Well for one they look better on the bike but most of all they are much easier to put on and take off. They are a one piece construction and they just slide over one side and you just wrap and secure the Velcro on the other. I've had both and the HD weren't bad by any means but the Airlites were quite a bit better.
Thanks for the comparison!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts