Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in buying a solo seat, since the wife doesn't ride with me that much. My uncle has a Le Para Bare Bones for his custom Harley he built, but it's not on his SG. I'm 6'3 and mostly legs, so I was wondering how far back does DLL put you? I'm also interested in the riding gel they have. But, I'm also open to opinions and options out there, so basically show me what you got.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I ran a Le Para Bare Bones on a 2004 SG and it looked great but wasn't designed for long distance. An hour or two was about all I could stand.
I bought a Mustang Super Solo and have never looked back. That was the first thing I bought for my 2013 RGC.
I'm 6'4" with a 38 inch inseam.

Here's a picture of it on my bike. I got the one with the removable driver back rest. It goes in or out wit no tools and folds up small enough to stow in s saddle bag.

https://m.denniskirk.com/mustang/vi...ovable-driver-backrest.p456863.prd/456863.sku

·
Registered
493 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S
4,476 Posts
You're probably going to get as many opinions as you would on windshields. I like the Corbin Classic Solo. Been on numerous looooong rides and it feels great. I also like their mounting system not only because it locks to the bike but it covers those nasty rear seat bolts. Their are many great choices so I would suggest going out and trying as many as possible before you pull the trigger. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone so far! Definitely helping me look around easier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
being 6'4" I know what you're facing. I purchased a beat up late model Harley Tall Boy stock seat for $25 and cruised the highway to make sure I liked it. I did and then took it to an automotive seat re-upholster shop my buddy recommended who put is foam, some sort of super duper automotive foam and recovered the seat for a total of just shy of $80. After a 500 mile day you can still walk about and have a grand time wherever your destination was. (Us older guys worry about stuff like that). Go to your local dealership and try one of their Tall Boy seats, you might like it and you might get lucky and find one used.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
being 6'4" I know what you're facing. I purchased a beat up late model Harley Tall Boy stock seat for $25 and cruised the highway to make sure I liked it. I did and then took it to an automotive seat re-upholster shop my buddy recommended who put is foam, some sort of super duper automotive foam and recovered the seat for a total of just shy of $80. After a 500 mile day you can still walk about and have a grand time wherever your destination was. (Us older guys worry about stuff like that). Go to your local dealership and try one of their Tall Boy seats, you might like it and you might get lucky and find one used.
Is it a solo seat? I'm seeing it as a two seater.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Brewmaster,

I have a 31" inseam and I'm a big fan of the Corbin "Solo" with backrest.

If you go that route, let them know when you order that you'd like to be closer to the ground and they will shape the seat accordingly.

Very comfortable on the long-hauls.

Good luck.

D-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.