Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the best sound system for a 2015 RG special ( two speakers only ) is ? Or at least which system seems to be the best.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Going to be quite a few opinions on this topic. Everyone has their own preference.
There is no "best" option. There is only the best option for your particular Tastes and budget.

I ran hertz speakers with a JL amp on my last bike.
I am trying to stay simple on this new bike and am thinking about a small Memphis setup. 2 speakers 1 amp not much to fuss about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Pretty vague question brother lol Largely depends on budget and preference. Take a look around the audio section and you will find tons of opinions and what others have done. :wink:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Personally I've narrowed it down to a Biketronics Amp PIP kit with line levelers, mount etc (lifetime warranty) and Arc Audio Moto 602 speakers.

·
Registered
408 Posts
how much is your budget?

Cerwin Vega B2 with Infinity Kappa 62.11's with Biketronics Line Leveler if you're on a tight budget

Biketronics 2015 and Up RG BT2180 Amp & Speaker Package $665.91

If your budget allows, soundzcustomz.com system

There are TONS of options out there, just depends on what you want and how much you want to spend.

Best to me may be different to you, I prefer Focal speakers to Hertz, Arc Moto, Biketronics, Infinity (I've tried all those, prefer the Focal's).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Indyglide....yeah I know how these things can go, but was hoping to get a lot of people recommending the same thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how much is your budget?

Cerwin Vega B2 with Infinity Kappa 62.11's with Biketronics Line Leveler if you're on a tight budget

Biketronics 2015 and Up RG BT2180 Amp & Speaker Package $665.91

If your budget allows, soundzcustomz.com system

There are TONS of options out there, just depends on what you want and how much you want to spend.

Best to me may be different to you, I prefer Focal speakers to Hertz, Arc Moto, Biketronics, Infinity (I've tried all those, prefer the Focal's).
Well, the Harley system is very close to $1,000 installed so I figure something else will be cheaper and better, but I'm allowing up to $1,000. Seems ridiculous to me that two speakers and an amp would be that much, but I haven't messed with stereos since my early twenties and I'm sure they are more now because the sound you get out of stock stuff now is so much better than upgraded stuff back then.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Well, the Harley system is very close to $1,000 installed so I figure something else will be cheaper and better, but I'm allowing up to $1,000. Seems ridiculous to me that two speakers and an amp would be that much, but I haven't messed with stereos since my early twenties and I'm sure they are more now because the sound you get out of stock stuff now is so much better than upgraded stuff back then.
Singing into a karaoke microphone going down the road is better than the boom stuff, so good job ruling that out. I'll add a big ++ to the biketronic systems - had them on my 13 and now installing on my 16 as well. Lifetime warranty, unbeatable customer service, amps made in USA, plug and play.

Do some searching here and at the other forum and you'll get a lot of input. Bunker has been through multiple systems and that was good input.

Advice without talking about brands: I did my first system in stages and it cost me a ton more. Do it right the first time and save some money, you can get an excellent system for well under $1000. If you're even remotely considering adding any speakers later get a 4 channel amp now (hint, this stuff is addicting). Check the classified sections in this forum and others and see what people are selling, they are getting rid of it for a reason, you will notice that happens a lot with a couple of brands.

Most importantly of all, if the owner of an audio company posts in here that his stuff is the best system for your bike, throw up in your mouth and swallow it - that will leave a better taste than installing his system at a premium price and having people pull up next to you that have significantly less invested and sound way better or at least every bit as good. Do not drink the koolaid.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Singing into a karaoke microphone going down the road is better than the boom stuff, so good job ruling that out. I'll add a big ++ to the biketronic systems - had them on my 13 and now installing on my 16 as well. Lifetime warranty, unbeatable customer service, amps made in USA, plug and play.

Do some searching here and at the other forum and you'll get a lot of input. Bunker has been through multiple systems and that was good input.

Advice without talking about brands: I did my first system in stages and it cost me a ton more. Do it right the first time and save some money, you can get an excellent system for well under $1000. If you're even remotely considering adding any speakers later get a 4 channel amp now (hint, this stuff is addicting). Check the classified sections in this forum and others and see what people are selling, they are getting rid of it for a reason, you will notice that happens a lot with a couple of brands.

Most importantly of all, if the owner of an audio company posts in here that his stuff is the best system for your bike, throw up in your mouth and swallow it - that will leave a better taste than installing his system at a premium price and having people pull up next to you that have significantly less invested and sound way better or at least every bit as good. Do not drink the koolaid.
Just curious. I put one this guys systems in my 16RGS, the xxtreme Rokker 330 watts with two of the Rokker xxtreme speakers. Easy to install, and to my ear, a great sounding system that I can hear perfectly clear from sitting in the garage to 90mph down the highway and I'm running D&D Fatcats with the performance baffles. They also give a 20 year warranty on the speakers and amp. I've only been on this sight a little over a year so I don't know what has been said back and forth on this forum by the guy you are talking about. I just know his company has lived up to what was promised to me. Is there something I am missing here on my system that I should know about? If so, please let me know so I will be aware ahead of time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome and yep that's a wide open topic. But man 122hp and 137tq! That's awesome! Care to share what all is done to achieve those #'s?
Sure, it's called the "Outlaw 107 Kit" designed by a local shop here in VA. He is really good at what he does and even the cam is his own specs that he gets a cam manufacturer to grind for him.

The stock 103 was bored to 107, so of course there's new pistons installed. Double piston tensioner, different oil pump, he machines the throttle body, and does what he calls Silver Bullet heads and bigger valves. Bigger clutch was installed and then was dyno tuned.

The headers and slip ons, as well as the air breather were already on the bike.

I would love to give the guy a plug on here, but won't because of the forum rules.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All great advice...thanks

Yes, I'm thinking of putting speakers in the saddlebag lids so an amp to accept that possibility in the future is smart.

·
Registered
132 Posts
All great advice...thanks

Yes, I'm thinking of putting speakers in the saddlebag lids so an amp to accept that possibility in the future is smart.

I probably get flamed for this but just a FYI, you cannot hear the lid speakers above 80mph.

I went down that same road on my last bike and overall I feel it was a big waste of money. They sounded great if you were parked or for the people riding behind you but my front speakers and wind noise just drowned them out.

I wasn't using junk either. Hertz speakers and a JL amp, so I know that quality was there.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,648 Posts
Sure, it's called the "Outlaw 107 Kit" designed by a local shop here in VA. He is really good at what he does and even the cam is his own specs that he gets a cam manufacturer to grind for him.

The stock 103 was bored to 107, so of course there's new pistons installed. Double piston tensioner, different oil pump, he machines the throttle body, and does what he calls Silver Bullet heads and bigger valves. Bigger clutch was installed and then was dyno tuned.

The headers and slip ons, as well as the air breather were already on the bike.

I would love to give the guy a plug on here, but won't because of the forum rules.
Go ahead and give us the name of the shop, there are no rules against talking about a supplier or shop that you've had good luck with, (as long as you're not running down a current supporter/advertiser of this site).

·
Registered
408 Posts
J&M isn't a bad company and their product isn't a bad product. They have pretty good customer service and warranty. It's waaaay better than any boom setup for sure, the problem is bang for your buck.

For the same or less money, I can have a significantly better sounding system.

Just curious. I put one this guys systems in my 16RGS, the xxtreme Rokker 330 watts with two of the Rokker xxtreme speakers. Easy to install, and to my ear, a great sounding system that I can hear perfectly clear from sitting in the garage to 90mph down the highway and I'm running D&D Fatcats with the performance baffles. They also give a 20 year warranty on the speakers and amp. I've only been on this sight a little over a year so I don't know what has been said back and forth on this forum by the guy you are talking about. I just know his company has lived up to what was promised to me. Is there something I am missing here on my system that I should know about? If so, please let me know so I will be aware ahead of time.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Truth!

There IS a difference between loud and loud and clear. Just because you can hear your music at 80+ doesn't mean it's loud and clear.

I've been through countless setups in the last 5 months, loud, louder, clear, clearer, etc. My current setup as of today (all 2 speaker setups) is a Rockford Fosgate TM400x4 and a set of Focal KRC's. The amp is being replaced with a Arc Moto 600.4 this week, and a set of lids will be added in the next few weeks.

My front stage is amazing, even with only 100w per channel (and I say only :p), once I get the 600.4 in it will be even better (150w per channel).

The lids are for around town and the parking lot to add a little boom, you loose the lids at highway speeds which is why the front stage is so important. Loud and clear is what wins here and for me the Focal are the best I've found so far.

For the record, I've tested; Biketronic Titan II's, Infinity Kappa's, Hertz Millie Pro's, Arc Moto 602's, Focal PC 165's and the Focal KRC's so far.

I still own the Titan II's and the Focal PC 165's are headed in for warranty (blew a tweeter). Hertz were my least favorite of all the speakers I've tested so far which surprised me. Lot's of people rave about Hertz, I didn't get it (had 200w running to them, TM400x4 bridged)

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Go ahead and give us the name of the shop, there are no rules against talking about a supplier or shop that you've had good luck with, (as long as you're not running down a current supporter/advertiser of this site).
So, question here, not the place I know and you can private message me with the answer. Why are people allowed to bad mouth a certain individual with a sound system company? Do these rules not apply to them? Curious mind would like to know.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts