Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to make the plunge into some stretched bags and fender...

Who makes the best stuff out there for the money?

Fiberglass or Plastic molded?

Looking for some input here...

Thanks,
Mike.

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
I'll give my vote to Top shop... the ones listed by Paul are all great also.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
The quality is top notch with all companies listed. In ordered Bad Dad for the price and because I think their stuff looks the best together. The other companies I liked bags but not fender and vice versa. It's gonna come down to personal taste and $$$$$.

Though a forum favorite, sadly, Top Shop is no longer the price leader.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
578 Posts
I like Top Shop. They are a carpeted (inside) saddlebag with a paint-ready finish. I'm not sure anyone else in the industry goes the extra mile like Top Shop does on their saddlebags.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Topshop is the best IMO. Their customer service is fantastic. Perfect fit and gaps right out of the box. No adjustments required.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have top shop, could not be happier , fit and quality are spot on! I would not waste my money on sinister/dirty bird. My buddy bought his abs bags, fit is horrible and they vibrate, just looks like cheap plastic.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am getting ready to make the plunge into some stretched bags and fender...

Who makes the best stuff out there for the money?

Fiberglass or Plastic molded?

Looking for some input here...

Thanks,
Mike.
My best advise is just view all the different styles and manufacturers. The quality is pretty much the same in all from what I seen when buying mine.

·
Registered
672 Posts
IMO Id stick with the injection molded plastic bags just for the mere fact that if you went down or something were to hit em hard theyre not gonna shatter like the fiberglass ones. I know a guy who has ext bags on his SG and he started with yaffe bags but sent em back after receiving them due to poor quality, then oredered top shop which he liked but he dropped his bike in his driveway at7 mph and the bag broke, now he runs sinister and is happier than can be

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I got mine thru Native Custom Baggers (they sell the Top Shop bags at a cheaper price than Top Shop does), came precarpeted with a false floor. I sent Paul pics of my aftermarket rear fender that had been custom cut for my exhaust, gave him the dimensions, and talked to him about what was available and the different prices. When I got my bags they fit up perfect, no offset gaps, all the mounting holes were perfect, and the price was great. I accidently got the invoice from Top Shop to Native Custom Baggers and from what I seen Paul doesn't make awhole lot off of the bags cause his price to me was only a little more than what he paid Top Shop for them.
I also bought my air suspension from him. Great quality at a great price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts