Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm asking this question for the paint Guru's... (Roadhawg and others)..... what is the best wax to use when waxing by hand but will still remove light swirls? I have Big Blue Pearl paint but when it's in the sun I can see some light swirls in the paint... I've only cleaned the bike by hand and only use micro fiber cloth's.....

Next question how long do you have to wait to wax new paint... I just had the hog tunes lids painted....

·
Registered
462 Posts
Try 3M Imperial Hand Glaze. Be sure the surface is clean, cool and not in direct sun. May take a few applications but it will remove them. Use small amounts.

·
Shark of the Month December 2013
679 Posts
I use nothing but Adams products on my bike. Check them out at Adamspolishes.com

·
Registered
498 Posts
Try 3M Imperial Hand Glaze. Be sure the surface is clean, cool and not in direct sun. May take a few applications but it will remove them. Use small amounts.
+1. Also, I use it with a new microfiber cloth. That will usually prevent you from adding new scratches and swirls.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
i gotta agree w/this guys post and this product!
When a let a Veteran Painter do sum work for me a couple years back, and he showed me this stuff, it Blowed Me Away!
It aint cheap but let me say it does a Unbelievable Job!
Makes ur Freakn Paint (Black) Glow! and will Definatley get rid of Lite Swirls and Minor Scratches in the Paint. Fantastic Stuff Here!
Im not a Paint Guru, but if Painters have a Secret Potion???,...This Is It!!!

·
Registered
972 Posts
There is a process and it is very time consuming, but rewarding.

I like to clean off all old wax first
If lightly scratched use a polishing compond
Glaze/Seal
Wax your choice

Never go in circles, always back and forth.

Theres more to it than that, you should do some youtube research and you will be a pro in no time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts