Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Road Glide and I have the front end off and I would like to lower it 1" My question is what is the best way to do this and dose anyone make just a spring change to lower 1". If any one has done this let me know your feed back on the ride and where you got the kit. Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Progressive makes lowering springs and other fork components. And there are other aftermarket brands also.

I know HD makes kits also, but don't know if they have one for the touring models.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Easiest: Progressive Drop-in lowering springs. No fork removal and can be accomplished with limited mechanical skills.
Best: Probably Progressive Mono-Tube. Will require fork removal and disassembly. Additional skills and tools.

The progressive web site gives instructions for both if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Lowering

I did the progressive mono tubes in the front and it lowered it about an inch and a half. I lowered the rear by using the 1" shorter shock. This made it sit more level. It rides a little stiffer which I like. It stopped the nose diving on hard braking and made it handle much better in the curves. Remember you will need to adjust the headlights and it will not lean as far over on the kickstand.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Easiest: Progressive Drop-in lowering springs. No fork removal and can be accomplished with limited mechanical skills.
Best: Probably Progressive Mono-Tube. Will require fork removal and disassembly. Additional skills and tools.

The progressive web site gives instructions for both if I am not mistaken.
Personally i don't see how drop in springs can be installed on a fairing bike without removing the forks. At minium you will have to undo the pinch bolts and slide them down to get access to the cap on top of the tube, and if you are that far into the job might aswell pull them on out to make your life easy.
I would do the monotubes,they ride better then my lowered spring with gold valve emulator.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I am new to this site and i am also in the process of installing progressive drop ins and chrome fbi lower legs and would like some suggestions for rear lowering shocks shorter than the 12 inch stock air shocks. I have a 2011 vivid black 103 powerpak

·
Registered
818 Posts
I am new to this site and i am also in the process of installing progressive drop ins and chrome fbi lower legs and would like some suggestions for rear lowering shocks shorter than the 12 inch stock air shocks. I have a 2011 vivid black 103 powerpak
Check out the Progressive 440. 11.5" are avalible for your year.

http://progressivesuspension.com/

Sent from a smart phone that I'm too stupid to operate!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts