Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Subscribing. I'm trying to learn about these connectors. There's supposed to be one under the seat in front of the battery but I can't find anything. It's a good size connector so I must be blind.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
1BadGlide
I have only done them a couple times now. Once when I wired my Yaffee bars and then when I bought a new connector to wire my led's to the aux switch on the dash.

IF I remember correctly the pin has a shoulder on them. Then have to pull through from the top of the connector housing and they'll rest into place kinda loosely until you push the lock down on top of them..I'll see if I can find actual instructions to post...good luck

xrwoody
Under the seat the connector has a rubber cover over top of it. Not very obviuos when I found mine in the batter compartment and front of the battery. Its probably tucked down under the rest of the wires.

Hope this helps....
cheers!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Use small narrow needle nose pliers to pull up on the base plate inside the connector (grab the little bridge looking thing in the middle) Then use a paperclip to insert in the hole for each pin. You'll feel the the little clip on the pin give and then you can pull the wire with the pin on it out from the back. To reinstall push the wire and pin through the back of the connector making sure the clip on the pin catches. Then once all wires are back in push the base plate down.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Once the internal white locking piece is removed with a needle nose pliers, I found it was really easy to remove the wires by pushing them in from the bottom (wire end) and rotating them either 90 or 180 deg. They slide right out of the connector.

When installing them, insert the white connector with a needle nose to the first notch. This will align the pins into the connector before setting it all the way in place. I actually found it pretty easy once I got the hang of it.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Having Jeweler's screwdrivers is very helpful too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts