Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

My first post since I joined this great community.

A question on what is the best brightest aftermarket light bulbs or lighting package that won't break the bank? I would like just to replace bulbs with bright leds but I will do a replacement like the Hogwerks package if it is superior and more reliable. Any opinions and technical reviews on Hogwerks and other ideas are welcome and much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
RogueRanger:

Might help to know which model you are putting it in. I am new to RoadGlides myself, so I really don't know what year the factory started installing LED lighting. I can tell you from experience on a Softail - the Rivco bulbs are a serious upgrade and not too bad on the price. I purchased the passing lamp and head lamp LED upgrades for the FLSTN last October. Total cost was under $200 for all three bulbs and worth every penny. The same upgrade in Haymakers would have run close to $1K and the Hogwerks, Sun, etc. were all less than the H-D but at least double the Rivco. That said, I never tried any other brand, I am merely comparing the Rivco (bulb exchange only) upgrade to the stock Halogens and it is literally night and day.

On that same bike, I went to AutoZone and picked up LED 1157 bulbs for my tail - another improvement but my new bike has Custom Dynamics all around (except the headlights) and I while the C-D is much more expensive ($79 vs. $11) they are much brighter and the ability to add Halo to the front is a nice upgrade too - I recommend Custom-Dynamics on the blinkers.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Check out Custom Dynamics and Ciro3d.com both websites have info for their lighting products. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
If you don't want to shell out Day maker money I think fuel moto has a replacement setup..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts