Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2011 with the smaller diameter O2 sensors. Everything I find seems to use the 18 mm sensors, requires a dyno or constant tweaking of maps. I thought Thundmax was the ticket until I learned I needed to plug the existing 12mm holes and drill the head pipes for the larger diameter holes and then buy the the larger 18mm O2 sensors. Is there not a product that self tunes and uses the existing O2 sensors...that actually works? I just want performance out of the box and I don't want to be tweaking to make my bike run correctly.

Flame away on me but I just want to ride.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
For me I use the Dobeck EJK. Comes pre adjusted to what ever mods you have on your bike when you order it. Simple plug and play. Easy to tweak if need be. No computer, no dyno, no HD downloads. As far as the o2 sensors, just unplug them. Done. Tehy offer a very good discount to vets, fire and policemen.

Take a look and do some reading.

http://www.electronicjetkit.com/EFIcontrollers.asp

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have power vision from fuel moto plug and play use stock o2 or you can add auto tune.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ditch from Power Vision:

There is only 1 wideband o2 sensor that works in our product line. It uses an M18x1.5 bung. You should be able to request to your exhaust manufacturer to preinstall this bung when you order the system. We understand that it might not be convenient to weld a bung into your exhaust pipe if you want to run auto-tune and your stock sensor size is not the same as ours, but this is just the way it is and I'm afraid there is no way around it except to just not use Auto-tune. You always have the option of having the bike tuned on a dyno.

Auto-tune gives the end user the capability to specify how rich or lean you want the bike to run, and because the device can see actual air/fuel ratio, via the Auto-tune wideband o2 sensors, it can self-adjust as you ride to get to your target air/fuel ratio, by populating a 2nd temporary fuel table called the trim table.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've been spending some time looking at all the options out there. I haven't bought anything yet, but when I do, I'm going to go with the Dobeck. Sure, I may be leaving some horses on the table because I won't have the "perfect" dyno-tuned map, but on the other hand, as you said - I won't be spending all that time (and money) on the dyno or replacing/updating maps all the time. It looks to me like it's the simplest and most straightforward answer out there. Also, once you unplug it, you're back to stock, just in case you need to deal with one of those pesky "warrantee" issues. From what I understand, tuners that change the maps can leave a fingerprint on the ECU, whereas the Dobeck just leverages the stock maps and adds fuel as necessary.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I've been spending some time looking at all the options out there. I haven't bought anything yet, but when I do, I'm going to go with the Dobeck. Sure, I may be leaving some horses on the table because I won't have the "perfect" dyno-tuned map, but on the other hand, as you said - I won't be spending all that time (and money) on the dyno or replacing/updating maps all the time. It looks to me like it's the simplest and most straightforward answer out there. Also, once you unplug it, you're back to stock, just in case you need to deal with one of those pesky "warrantee" issues. From what I understand, tuners that change the maps can leave a fingerprint on the ECU, whereas the Dobeck just leverages the stock maps and adds fuel as necessary.
I don't think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
343 Posts
For the reasons listed above like problems with maps, dyno tuning time and money, etc... I went with the thundermax w/at and never looked back. The bike runs so good, much cooler and way better two up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts