Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a question for some of you who have a better grasp of current stereo technology.

When the fariing on my FLTRX had to be replaced after an accident I took the opportunity to do some other upgrades, painted inner fairing, medallion gauge set, boom audio speakers with amp. Now I find myself wanting the convenience of using a USB stick for music rather than burning MP3s to CDs.

Can I upgrade to a new stero like a Sony or Kenwood while retaining the Boom speakers and amp? I don't have a firm grasp of the ohm thing

Thanks averybody.

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Yes, you can. You need to buy a Hawgwired or Biketronics adapter unit to be able to mount the new head unit and also use the hand controls.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dbell, thanks for the response about the adapter part of the set up.

Most of the aftermarket stereos are 4 ohm, will that cause issues or does the Boom amp make that a non issue?
Yes, you can. You need to buy a Hawgwired or Biketronics adapter unit to be able to mount the new head unit and also use the hand controls.

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
The only place you really need to be concerned is at the output of the amp to the speakers, that's where you need to match the impeadance (ohms), the amp will be ok with the input from the radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts