Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everywhere I look on the web, I read praise for Progressive cartridges for front end. But, comments always include remarks about lowering.

I want better suspension for my '13 RGU, but have no interest in lowering it. I like ground clearance.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
what do you want to spend ?? Ohlins 101 Cartridges are around $900 and worth every penny , you can add Ricor valves to your current forks which are an improvement but not in the same league as Ohlins , they are a few hundred dollars

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
They make two monotube kits. One for stock height and another for lowering:

The stock height kit still lowers it about 1"

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
The stock height kit still lowers it about 1"
Mine didn't. When I had the stock height monotubes with, I think 3 spacers installed, I maintained stock height.

I've since gone with a 21" wheel and installed the lowered monotubes in the -1" config.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Mine didn't. When I had the stock height monotubes with, I think 3 spacers installed, I maintained stock height.

I've since gone with a 21" wheel and installed the lowered monotubes in the -1" config.
I installed them before going to Ohlins and 49mm forks, went with the stock height and recommended number of C clips , it lowered my bike almost 1 " , they are still in my 41mm forks sitting in the corner of my garage , I was surprised because I had the lowered ones on my previous bike set up at 1" lowered and these were only slightly taller , I took measurements before and after and it dropped between 3/4"-1"

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
look at my cow bells in these 2 pictures , the one where they hit just on the top of my fender is stock suspension with Ricor Intiminators , the one where the cow bells are down lower on the side of my fender are monotubes standard height with 3 C clips

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts