Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen other people have issues with this company so I thought I would share my expierence as well.

I'm building a custom Heritage bagger and contacted Bagger Bags and placed my order for stretched saddlebags. Excited as hell to get them, mock up the placement then send off for paint. Boy was I disappointed when they arrived 10 days later.

The bags were pure crap, totally un-useable and extremely poor quality. They claim to be made in the USA...highly doubtful. Looks worse than Chinese made.

I immediately called the owner, Derek Zeledon and told him I want a refund.....here is his response via email.

Hello steve, we apologize for the inconvenience that the bags have placed you in. We apologize for the kit but if possible we would like to correct it by sending you another kit and we will do the body work to it, now if you would like a refund you would just need to send back to us and the refund will be applied

Sent from Outlook

I told him I seriously doubt another set would be acceptable since the first set they sent out had absolutely no quality control and I believe the 2nd set would be the same. He agreed to refund my money two weeks ago but of course that has never happened.

Their return policy states 7 days to return the item and a authorization code issued by them is the only way to return an item. I asked for this code in a phone call and email and was never given one. This is how they skate around a refund.

I took it upon myself to send them back at my expense with a signed delivery notification which was signed by one of their employees.

So here we are two weeks later and phone call and emails go unanswered. Now I'm looking at this as a lesson learned and felt I need to warn other people about Bagger Bags, Inc.

The items they are selling is pure crap, no customer service and no warrantee of their product. Do you want to deal with a business like this?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Small claims court

I've seen other people have issues with this company so I thought I would share my expierence as well.

I'm building a custom Heritage bagger and contacted Bagger Bags and placed my order for stretched saddlebags. Excited as hell to get them, mock up the placement then send off for paint. Boy was I disappointed when they arrived 10 days later.

The bags were pure crap, totally un-useable and extremely poor quality. They claim to be made in the USA...highly doubtful. Looks worse than Chinese made.

I immediately called the owner, Derek Zeledon and told him I want a refund.....here is his response via email.

Hello steve, we apologize for the inconvenience that the bags have placed you in. We apologize for the kit but if possible we would like to correct it by sending you another kit and we will do the body work to it, now if you would like a refund you would just need to send back to us and the refund will be applied

Sent from Outlook

I told him I seriously doubt another set would be acceptable since the first set they sent out had absolutely no quality control and I believe the 2nd set would be the same. He agreed to refund my money two weeks ago but of course that has never happened.

Their return policy states 7 days to return the item and a authorization code issued by them is the only way to return an item. I asked for this code in a phone call and email and was never given one. This is how they skate around a refund.

I took it upon myself to send them back at my expense with a signed delivery notification which was signed by one of their employees.

So here we are two weeks later and phone call and emails go unanswered. Now I'm looking at this as a lesson learned and felt I need to warn other people about Bagger Bags, Inc.

The items they are selling is pure crap, no customer service and no warrantee of their product. Do you want to deal with a business like this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The only problem with small claims court is all it will get you is a judgement( hopefully). That does not get you a dime

·
Registered
48 Posts
10/4 you are right about that one! Courts will help you place a lien on bank accounts, ect after 30-45 days after judgments if it's not satisfied. If it's a shady company then they already know how to evade you. If not then they usually just pay the judgement and be done with it.

Overall I guess small claims is a last ditch effort if all else fails cuz its such a pain in the ass process, but hey that's America!!>:)

The only problem with small claims court is all it will get you is a judgement( hopefully). That does not get you a dime

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
I would call it a loss and do the same thing you are doing now.
Letting others not get dented as you have.
Sorry man but yes that sucks big time.
The word will get out from others reading this and I hope they deal with your issue and make it right.
Good Luck & Keep Us Posted.
Swomack

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
According to the owner of Bagger Bags, a full refund was issued on my CC yesterday. He also sent a receipt showing it was done. However, it has not posted as a credit on my VISA yet.

·
Registered
440 Posts
According to the owner of Bagger Bags, a full refund was issued on my CC yesterday. He also sent a receipt showing it was done. However, it has not posted as a credit on my VISA yet.
From past experience, a credit card refund takes 7 to 10 days to post.
Just went though that with a retailer that refunded a purchase to me, and that was confirmed by a Visa customer rep.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wish I would have read this before getting caught in the same trap. I have never seen such a crappie product in all my life, the money I would have to spend in prep work would cost me more then the product. I am waiting for my RMS labels now, he sent me one and then I asked if that covered both boxes ( forgot to mention after 2 weeks of waiting, they left out side covers and dash) he says oh you have 2 boxes? What quality control and a clue with a business.

Thought I was on the road to recovery (I really don?t want to bore you with my 3 year build from what I thought was a friend, still can?t ride after all this time) all I want to do isn?t ride.

Now it?s back to looking at kits and hope I can get something that at least won?t drain the pocket in prep work.

If any of you know of someone selling a full body kit tank cover, dash side covers, rear fender, bags and lids please let me know.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Appreciate your post - no doubt you've save a few of us some dollars.........

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I wish I would have read this before getting caught in the same trap. I have never seen such a crappie product in all my life, the money I would have to spend in prep work would cost me more then the product. I am waiting for my RMS labels now, he sent me one and then I asked if that covered both boxes ( forgot to mention after 2 weeks of waiting, they left out side covers and dash) he says oh you have 2 boxes? What quality control and a clue with a business.

Thought I was on the road to recovery (I really don?t want to bore you with my 3 year build from what I thought was a friend, still can?t ride after all this time) all I want to do isn?t ride.

Now it?s back to looking at kits and hope I can get something that at least won?t drain the pocket in prep work.

If any of you know of someone selling a full body kit tank cover, dash side covers, rear fender, bags and lids please let me know.
G3 - aftermarket bags, tank covers, fenders, lids etc. are a real crap shoot. You can get really lucky (like @Swomack) did with his Mutazu bags, or you can be a total loser (like me) and go through three different attempts to get stuff you're proud to own. In the end I bit the bullet and bought TopShop stuff painted by The Factory Match. If you are critical about the appearance of parts you put on your ride, do it right the first time (or the 2nd at the very least).

TopShop parts are pricey, but they are outstanding quality. My wife threatened me with divorce when she found out I paid $1300 for a set of extended bags, but once she saw them (and knew I'd finally quit complaining) she saw the "value" in my last purchase.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I bought from them for my SG. They weren't as bad as those, but the inside was horrible. I've never seen such crappy work. None of the marked holes were even close, and the lids had to be shimmed to close right.
I went with Bad Dad for the shark. Paint match is perfect, and they bolted right on.
Expensive, but well worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Thanks for the pics. That was a lot of posts from newbies, was starting to wonder if the site was being trolled.

Best of luck to you guys.

·
Registered
47 Posts
When I was shopping around for a rear package kit, I was looking at them as well, I called and talked to a rep and asked some basic questions regarding the shipped product and when he stated that my paint and body guy would have to do some work to them, I knew something was sketchy about their product. I asked a guy I know who has built a couple of bikes and he said run from their products. I ended up purchasing a rear package through SCRUB Cycles (Wake Kit), ship product was ready for paint, bolt on ready. Though there were a few chips along the edges and bottom corners, their customer service is very good and they will take care of you the customer if there is an issue upon receipt of product.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thanks for the pics. That was a lot of posts from newbies, was starting to wonder if the site was being trolled.

Best of luck to you guys.
I was thinking the exact same thing. A vendors worst nightmare is getting negative reviews on forums like this. I don't think anyone here will be buying anything from them anytime soon. Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts