Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Percision ems

I installed Rev. Perf. new EMS on my 2010 RG and now I'm having problems with it running way too rich, I Just got off the phone with the owner of Revperf. and let me tell you this guy is a class act. Brian is going to do whatever it takes to get my bike running rite. It turns out that the problem has nothing to do with the Precision EMS at all. The Bungs on my Fatcat are way to long and the 02 senser is not reading the exhaust properly. Brian is paying for me to ship the exhaust header to his shop and he's going to fix the problem with the bungs. WOW, I could not be happier with the way Revperf. is handling this situation. Its safe to say that I will be a life long customer of REVOLUTION PERFORMANCE.... A1 operation.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I can't give advice but I will wish you the best of luck in getting it all figured out!!!!!

I went with Thundermax Autotune and so far so good.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I would call and talk to Brian first, I have dealt with him and he seems like a standup guy..I would hope he would make it right. Good luck and I hope it works out in your favor..

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ems

I would call and talk to Brian first, I have dealt with him and he seems like a standup guy..I would hope he would make it right. Good luck and I hope it works out in your favor..
I have not talked to Brian yet but I have talked to Andrew. Yes Brian is a great guy I'm sure he's going to do whats rite.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I was givin advise to do a (leakdown) blow by test. does anyone know how to do a blow by test?
take it to your mechanic they will have a leak down tester and know how to do it. It is an easy test but you need a leak down tester to do it. It just measures the amount of leakage past rings, valves etc. I think you should get your tune in line first and run it for a bit to see what it does. It would have to be really rich to wash the cylinders down.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I am sorry to hear your having all of these problems. I was under the impression they had this worked out. Me and three of my partners have that tuner and me being the only one with a 2010 sent my ECM to Revolution they reflashed it and I haven't had any more issues, but mine just idled a little rough, nothing like you are describing. My builder spoke with Josh I believe. I can check tomorrow and let you know.
Good luck man.

Rowdy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
take it to your mechanic they will have a leak down tester and know how to do it. It is an easy test but you need a leak down tester to do it. It just measures the amount of leakage past rings, valves etc. I think you should get your tune in line first and run it for a bit to see what it does. It would have to be really rich to wash the cylinders down.
Thats what I'm going to do, reflash the ecm and go from there. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
i would find a dealer that had a dyno that was equiped with an afr sniffer and have it checked to see what the afr is.

·
Registered
559 Posts
if it were that rich you would have seen it in the plugs,all that fuel has to go thru the heads before it could wash down the cyclinders.change the oil,and run it,and see whats up.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I can tell you it wasn't perfect at first, but this company stands behind it's product! I have a 107 with 551 cams. I was told before I had those cams put in that they make it hard to program. Well, that info was right. But, they stuck with it and my bike has never run better. I can't say enough about how good these guys are. I mean, they could have maybe just said send it back we'll refund your money, but they went way out of their way and took care of this and my bike runs strong and fast. No popping, no back fire, just strong from the get go. They will make it right, give them a chance.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can tell you it wasn't perfect at first, but this company stands behind it's product! I have a 107 with 551 cams. I was told before I had those cams put in that they make it hard to program. Well, that info was right. But, they stuck with it and my bike has never run better. I can't say enough about how good these guys are. I mean, they could have maybe just said send it back we'll refund your money, but they went way out of their way and took care of this and my bike runs strong and fast. No popping, no back fire, just strong from the get go. They will make it right, give them a chance.
Thats great to hear. What year is your bike and what pipe are you using? I was told on another forum that 2010 models with D&D pipes are having this problem. I was told the bungs on the D&D are to long and the sensers can not read the exhaust. I was told I have to grind down the 02 bungs on the D&D pipe. I hope that with a little grinding that my problems will go away.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I have Vance and Hines Dresser Duals. Josh (at Revolution Performance) told me that their are pipes out there that won't allow the O2 sensors to read properly, and that some modifications were needed on those pipes. What build do you have and what cams?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have Vance and Hines Dresser Duals. Josh (at Revolution Performance) told me that their are pipes out there that won't allow the O2 sensors to read properly, and that some modifications were needed on those pipes. What build do you have and what cams?
Big bore 103", HPI 53.1/2 throttle body, ported heads, TW55 cams,30Tooth Trans pulley, Fly wheels plugged, welded, balanced, and timken bearing. D&D pipe.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Are your fuel injectors wired correctly? I know if you plug them in backwards all sorts of problems rear there ugly head.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Are your fuel injectors wired correctly? I know if you plug them in backwards all sorts of problems rear there ugly head.
That is 100% true, but I don't think you have to fool with any of that when you install the EMS since it replaces your ECM.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah Chainsaw, I installed one myself on my bike a few months ago, Iam quite familiar with how it works, I believe the OP, had
His motor down to the brass tacks, hence my suggestion. Of course after seeing his picture of his Fatcat Iam thinking the suggestion Of grinding the bungs down to get the o2's into the exhaust stream might be a good idea (won't cost nothing but time) also I think a leak down test would be a good idea.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Let me tell you something, REVOLUTION PERFORMANCE has gained a life long customer with me. I e-mailed Brian the owner at 10:30 pm and he e-mailed me seconds later. the next day when I talked to him he told me that he's going to get my bike running the rite way if he has to fly a tech out here to Cleveland to do it. It turns out the EMS was not the problem. My exhaust pipe bungs were way too long so the 02 sesers could not read the exhaust stream. The owner at Revperf. is going to ship my pipes free off charge and he's going to put the correct bungs on free of charge also. Brian (the owner) is a real class act and I could not be happier. Duffy

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
That's AWESOME news Duffy... I was feeling like I might have goofed recommending this tuner for everyone, especially since I haven't had, nor my buddys had any issues with it. I have been impressed with it from the beginning.
So, glad to hear that they are willing to provide that kind of service. Great company.

Rowdy

·
Registered
197 Posts
a:)ll is well glad it worked out......

1 - 20 of 30 Posts