Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from Daytona Biketoberfest, while there went to the PM display and installation/sales tent.
there I spoke to the rep in charge about the concern of having to replace my custom Performance Machine Rotors on my skooter, now mind you the bike had less than 3500 miles on it when both rotors had to be replaced, these where matched to a Performance Machine 21 inch front wheel...This bike has never been abused and i have over $40,000. invested in it with initial cost, I asked him if that was normal and his answer was that it was a wear item and probably caused by a defective wheel, again I responded it is your wheel..Then he gave me some lame excuse about them using assorted vendors and hubs, I explained I had just forked out over $500.00 dollars for new rotors and was this common on these rotors, he would not even acknowledge that question nor did he offer to look at the bike, so much for the CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!I think that he could have at least some contact our office at this number, send the rotors in we will inspect and advise you , but nothing....Sorry concern for customer once product is bought , so for the rest of you just beware of their product when it comes to Wheels and Rotors, they are junk as far as I am concerned....

Registered
Something doesn鈥檛 sound right.

The way the rep didn鈥檛 handle your questions or your needs really blows as well.

You would think he would have had the Tecs look over your bike at the least.

I would call their headquarters and give them hell.

See if they will make it right.

Swomack

Registered
Buddy of mine ordered wheels from them for his Dyna. Took 6 weeks to come in, and when they arrived there was a 1 inch defect in the finish. He paid extra for "Show Chrome" and they offered him a $50 credit, much less than the upcharge for "Show Chrome", or he could return the wheel for their inspection. Funny, if they credited him the show chrome charge he would have kept it, but he was insulted and sent it back. Now he has to wait another 4-6 weeks for a wheel and hope it doesn't come in defective again. Glad I wend with Hogpro when I did my wheels.

Registered
he could have at least some contact our office at this number, send the rotors in we will inspect and advise you , but nothing....Sorry concern for customer once product is bought , so for the rest of you just beware of their product when it comes to Wheels and Rotors, they are junk as far as I am concerned....
Wow, what a pi$$er! There are good "reps" and bad "reps". Evidenced by the fact that no offer to provide contact information or even want to address the problem but rather place blame on something or someone else, a simple "who's running this show", or "since you don't seem too concerned, who do I need to talk to, to elevate my concern", along with "what's your name again, since I'd like to mention it when I call" might have gotten a better response?

They'll be set up at Thunder Beach at the H-D of Panama City Beach this week. Almost tempted to bring up your issue as my own just to see the response. If I may ask, what was the issue with the rotors? My guess is probably warping, discoloration, dragging, or constant squealing or grinding sound.

Registered
I don't know what they could have done if you didn't contact them until after you replaced the rotors. The people that tour with the truck are not regular PM employees, though they should have referred you back to the PM headquarters. Did you call their HQ Customer Service before you bought new rotors?

Super Moderator
Hate to hear this, I've had several PM parts to include the forks I have on my 17, never had a problem. I just sold a 21" front wheel with rotors, I had it on my 10 for about 30k miles, I loved that wheel. I would definitely contact someone in customer service and get the problem fixed.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
just got off the phone with Tech at PM , not much help at all, just more run around BS, and it was a full time PM rep at sight at Daytona, Tech told me rotors were only warranted for ! year, however if I had taken them off and sent them to them for inspection they would have determined if if was a factory default, I can assure everyone this was not abuse, bike was not ridden hard and got rotors hot then slid thru rain, just junk rotors.... and poor ass help from them...

Registered
I rum PM wheels and love them, great product and service too. I run Lyndall rotors though.

Attachments

Registered
PM has to be one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with as far as customer service ... Unfortunately they make a lot of products wheels etc. for other companies and they just seem to not give a damn about the smaller customers

Registered
Do you guys know that Performance Machine and Progressive Suspension are part of the same company. If you purchase something from Progressive Suspension the invoice will say Performance Machine. The Progressive folks and customer service is good IMHO.

Registered
Sorry to hear about the poor customer service from them. I have been selling their product for over 15 years and generally they produce excellent quality products but obviously they failed with the customer support on this issue. If you still have the original rotors that were causing you problem I can put them on our test wheel here with a dial indicator and if there is excessive runnout we can usually bend the rotor back into spec if it is within reason and that sometimes corrects the issue. Their is runout with chrome wheels, chrome hubs, and chrome rotors so hard to isolate the exact issue without inspecting everything at one but I will do what I can for you. Just end me a PM if you are interested.

Registered
I bought my PM wheels and Lyndall Rotors from Hog Pro, they are a great vendor and that's a nice offer. Personally I am very happy with the PM wheels.

Registered
just got off the phone with Tech at PM , not much help at all, just more run around BS, and it was a full time PM rep at sight at Daytona, Tech told me rotors were only warranted for ! year, however if I had taken them off and sent them to them for inspection they would have determined if if was a factory default, I can assure everyone this was not abuse, bike was not ridden hard and got rotors hot then slid thru rain, just junk rotors.... and poor ass help from them...
Sorry. Was hoping that calling them would help out. I only bought wheels earlier last year as I wanted to replace my warped factory rotors and got a good price and guy working the truck bought my Harley wheels from me with the warped rotors. So far, I've had no issues or need to contact customer service in over 12K miles. Hope it stays that way. Thanks for the update.

Registered
I had the same issue with PM rotors.

Customer service was similar from PM.

Coastal Moto took good care of me and replaced the rotors.

I ended up going with floating rotors as the PMs are not. A bit of spirited mountain riding and the PM non floating rotors warped again. Must use floaters

Registered
my understanding is if you buy Lyndal rotors and use their pads, they warranty the rotors for life. If so, why buy from anyone else??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts