Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should know better but I ordered an RF PBR300X2 from Sonic Electronics via Bestbuy.com site. I used some of my BB reward certificates for the purchase. Listed amp cost was $121.95 which is a good price for this amp. Waited three days then called for order status only to find out order was cancelled stating "product is no longer available". Sonic Electronix continues to sell the product via BB but updated their price to $169.95. ZERO accountability by either BB or SE to uphold the price I paid at time of transaction. I need to stick with local business and support the guy who is dealing with you face-to-face. Live and learn...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Sounds like it should say Beware Best Buy. You bought it through them and they were using a 3rd party to ship. Sounds like how Amazon sells a lot of their goods.

I'm not surprised BB didn't sell at offered price. I have had issues with BB in the past.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
not sticking up for them, but maybe they had a limited quantity of them at that price and when those sold that was it.

course, if that was the case, would have been nice for them to have some type of inventory control so that if they were sold out, it didn't still show as available.....

·
Registered
714 Posts
Aye. Sometimes we expect up-to-the-second information when we order online but it's not always the case.

Any compelling reason you're going with the PBR over, say, the soundstream pn2.350d for $114 (amazon)?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any compelling reason you're going with the PBR over, say, the soundstream pn2.350d for $114 (amazon)?
I picked the PBR based on feedback on this forum. Seemed to be a staple for system upgrades. The PN series is also on my list buy I read that some experience issues with FM reception. Any input on that?

·
Registered
714 Posts
I picked the PBR based on feedback on this forum. Seemed to be a staple for system upgrades. The PN series is also on my list buy I read that some experience issues with FM reception. Any input on that?

Good point. FM recep wasn't an issue for me. But I haven't checked it yet, I've only just tested the system thru bluetooth, my fm antenna is 'missing' (stored bike at in-laws. they did some "rearranging").

·
Registered
672 Posts
I didnt have any problems with Sonic Electronix when I ordered my kappas through them. Bought, payed and 2 days later they were at my door.

Best Buy is WORTHLESS!!!!! I dont step inside their doors.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sabre - Why was the Massive Audio amp better than the PBR?

Just as an FYI MN_Rider. Sabre might have had good results with that amp and it's probably a good little amp for his application. But for the record you want to stick with a class D or the PBR amps on a bike. The amp he suggested is a class AB and they get way too hot on a bike. More importantly class AB amps tax the charging system on a bike. Now the the 4 channel BX4 is a class D. But it's not very powerful. It's rated at 120RMS per channel but massive uses the speakers to rate thier amps. Not a true representation of power. Long story short. . .The amp is overated.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
I can't stand BestBuy stores, I refuse to shop at their stores. As far as the pbr causing reception interference, I have no problems at all. I also got HID lighting in the fairing which is supposed to cause interference , but it doesn't on my bike.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've made multiple purchases through Sonic Electronix. It is my preferred site for Car Audio needs. I've never had an issue with them. In fact, they have even given my an RMA once when I ordered the wrong part and a store credit. I've not had any issues with their pricing, shipping or customer service. I've found them to be very reputable and reliable. Send them an email with your grievance. I'm sure they will get back with you.

Bobby

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bought my PBR 300X2 off Amazon for $129. I have used Sonic Electronics before with zero problems. My buddy who is the electronic guru I realy on for all my stereo installs uses them exclusively, regardless of prices.

I understand using local shops. I would rather give someone local my money if I have the choice. However, the shop in my area selling the RF PBR amps wanted $250+tax. So, it was a no brainer, $129 off of amazon and no tax and free shipping. Wanting to use locals isn't a free for all to let them screw you!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just as an FYI MN_Rider. Sabre might have had good results with that amp and it's probably a good little amp for his application. But for the record you want to stick with a class D or the PBR amps on a bike. The amp he suggested is a class AB and they get way too hot on a bike. More importantly class AB amps tax the charging system on a bike. Now the the 4 channel BX4 is a class D. But it's not very powerful. It's rated at 120RMS per channel but massive uses the speakers to rate thier amps. Not a true representation of power. Long story short. . .The amp is overated.
Ive ran two different Massive Audio amps over the last year or so since I got rid of the Rockford. I ran 6 6.5s and 6 tweeters off the BX4 and I would put it up against a lot of the newer micro amps out there. And hands down the sound quality is much better than the Rockford with the same speakers. But that's MY opinion and you know what they say about those...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts