Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come join me and TripleJ at the Terlingua Chili cook-off and ride Big Bend Texas Oct. 30 thru Nov 2. Kick stands up from Houston area and Dallas area on Oct. 30. Oct. 30 overnight lodging in Del Rio...then on to ride the BIG BEND.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Very tempting........

·
Registered
169 Posts
subscribed

maybe,I'll be watching this.put up a reminder about mid oct please.I've not been there yet.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Big Bend Ride Update

Our Hotel if anyone wants to join us:
Best Western
U.S. 90, Alpine, TX 79830
Phone:(432) 837-1530

check in Oct. 30, check out Nov. 2

rides plan:
Thur. Oct. 30 6:00am ksu from Houston and Dallas

friday oct 31 alpine to Marathon, thru Big Bend, Terlingua Chili cook-off, back to Alpine

saturday Nov 1: Alpine to Terlingua, then to Presidio, then on to Marfa, then Davis Mountains, then back to Alpine

Sunday kick stands up to Houston for me....Dallas for TripleJ (aka Jon Van Gelder)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
That'd be a good time. Love Big Bend and Terlinqua and they got some crazy good chili in Terlinqua even when they're not having the cook-off. The High Sierra has great chili, ice cold beer and great views from the deck!!

If my shoulders are OK with it though :eek: I'm going to Biketoberfest in Daytona a couple weeks before that so I won't be able to make it. :(

·
Registered
532 Posts
I hope you can make this, it would be good to see ya again
I like the plan so far. In fact since the wife is running the Chicago Marathon earlier in the month I will star planning for Big Bend later in the month. And depending on what some of the routes others are taking it looks like some of us will be able to catch up with each other somewhere near Junction possibly.

·
Registered
169 Posts
hotel

hey I was just looking at the calendar and check out on 1 nov is saturday,and leaving on sunday,staying somewhere else saturday night?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Big Bends is on my to-do-list; I'll definitely tag along with you. Can you PM with a good place to meet up; I'm based in League City. Is it a boys only event?

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey I was just looking at the calendar and check out on 1 nov is saturday,and leaving on sunday,staying somewhere else saturday night?
MIke,

You are right...may need to add a 4th night and check out Sunday 11/2.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Houston meet up for Big Bend ride

Big Bends is on my to-do-list; I'll definitely tag along with you. Can you PM with a good place to meet up; I'm based in League City. Is it a boys only event?

hey Phantom,

We could all probably meet up in Katy or Brookshire might be better, less traffic.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Been living in Texas for13 years now. This place has been on my to do list the whole time but never seem to be able to make it. Will definitely looking at my work schedule.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
I am glad to see some interest among the members to meet us in Big Bend. If you have never been to one of the TX M&G's you are missing out. Andyman has been considering next years annual M&G be in Big Bend instead of the usual Kerrville area. He and his bride are scheduled for the Oct trip as well. This could turn out to be another fairly large RG Group.

To answer Phantoms question, no this is not a boys only trip. My better half would be coming if she could get more time off so the more the merrier.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Did you guys decide if you are checking out on Sat or Sun? I'm booking a room tomorrow. It doesn't matter to me but if everybody is leaving on Sat I'll probably hit the sisters on the way back and spend Sat night in that area.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I'm certain we are staying until Sunday but not sure if we will be spending Sarurday night at a different location? What say you Jimmyray??

1 - 20 of 72 Posts