Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for forum members who have blacked out the BBP? Just pulled the trigger on powder coat for most of my chrome parts and D&D fat cat black
Any pics would be great as I am having second thoughts l. Although it's already too late!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
454 Posts
Sorry can't help.

I'm sticking to chrome with my BBP. Maybe depends on whether your using a gloss black or flat color. Gloss black with BBP should work but not a flat color.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have had a few parts coated a satin black. And am very happy with the results. I like some chrome in places mixed with some black. Done right I have seen BBP blacked out and looked very good.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I have blacked most of mine out......Leaving the fork lowers & mufflers Chrome. For now- leaving the Pushrod covers & tappets Chrome. Will be powdering the Rocker tops & bases in a few weeks.

I have my own powder biz, so I have used High GLoss-Satin-Flat aqnd Wrinkle in certain areas to be able to show Contrast as well as all variations of Black that I offer.

I started out with mainly High Gloss, BUT I an slowly having High Gloss for only smaller accent items....... For my eye, the Shine & Flake of the BBP stands out better against the Satin or Flat while still haveing a nice contrast.

Here are just 2 pics as examples.....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Thanks Jetman
You end up with my head pipe last year? I think that's you

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
If it was de-catted, probably so.......I have bought & sold so much here it's hard to keep straight.........

If you need any powder done, I have quite a large supply of parts for an exchange program........Good luck on the transformation!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Here are a couple photos of mine. Still going to black out front end and turn signals but going to leave remainder of the chrome alone for some contrast

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hey Jetman! Haven't forgotten about you.... I'm just very torn about what finish to use where???!!! I know I will not have much, if any, gloss black on the scoot. But I'm undecided as to satin or denim for a lot of the other stuff....Not to mention what to do the engine casings in (wrinkle or denim). I don't have BBP.... and not trying to hijack post! Bikes are looking good gents!

have a pretty good list started....just need color decisions

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
No worries.....We're close enough that we can meet up.....I can bring mine down (probably on the trailer when I'm down working) or you can come up to the house.....look at the different finishes before you make any decisions.....

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I'm sticking to chrome with my BBP. Maybe depends on whether your using a gloss black or flat color. Gloss black with BBP should work but not a flat color.

Guess that's why they make Chocolate and Vanilla.......I have High Gloss, Satin and Flat blacks on my BBP.....Gloss looks OK on smaller items, but the Satins & Flats contrast very nice & don't take away from the Flake & shine of the BBP paint.....

·
Registered
490 Posts
Make sure to post plenty of pics of finished product! I want to get my forks, engine guard, turn signals black then I am done. Already got bars, exhaust, breather, saddlebag guards blacked out. Will keep most the motor/tranny chrome for some contrast.

Looking forward to seeing her!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts