Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Big Blue Pearl shark owners. Our bikes come stock with some chrome bits, some black bits, and some painted bits. What I'm wondering is how the bikes look once some additional BLACK, CHROME, or CONTRAST bits are added. The BBP seems to go good with just about anything, but it would help me form a direction for my mods if I could see some prime examples. Please post pics of your Big Blue Pearl sharks and note what changes you've made.
I'm learning toward chrome-out the forks and engine and black-out the bars and console, but then again... Contrast cut looks bad-a$$. I'm paralyzed with indecision. Can you HELP a brother, please?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Well, gr8bigdude, I'm currently working on some further mods, but I won't be able to show you them for another couple of weeks or so.

In the meantime, here's a link to some pics I posted here this past summer. What you see here is:

Black Heritage bars w/Avon grips; Black HD mirrors; Black clutch/brake levers; Clearview dark smoke windshield; chrome fork legs (Willy Shiny); Arlen Ness chrome cowbells; chrome HD Roulette wheels (in stock sizes); Fuel Moto pipes w/their touring mufflers; HD Tallboy seat (MCC modded); some other unseen (but significant :) ) suspension and stereo mods. I'm sure there was some other stuff I'm forgetting: http://www.flickr.com/photos/forbes_ks/sets/72157630424029162/show/

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Going for the contrast look myself. This is what I have done so far. Not going overboard with it though. Plan on contrast cut mirrors and shift linkage is about it.

Black Rineharts with chrome tips.

Black n chrome Daymaker

Smoke BAL tail and turn signal lenses

Contrast cut RSD levers and master cylinder cover. PM grips

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
Nice bikes and mods, seeing it all is giving me the blues...:D

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Going for the contrast look myself. This is what I have done so far. Not going overboard with it though. Plan on contrast cut mirrors and shift linkage is about it.

Black Rineharts with chrome tips.

Garm like the looks of those black Rhineharts bike is coming together nice!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
2012 BBP RGU

V&H Power Duals
V&H Monster Rounds
V&H Fuel Pak
Big Sucker A/C
14.5" Madstad
Bright Ass Tail Light
ISO Grips
Adjustable Riders Backrest
Long Stem Mirrors
Willie G Brake Pad, Highway, and Shifter Pegs
Tour Pack Rack
Short antenas

Have the following but not yet installed:

RGC Rrear Fascia
Plasma Rods
Custom Dynamics LEDs

·
Registered
574 Posts
Interesting you also had the problem with which way to go. The driver for more black (for me), started with my decision to get the Black Daymaker lights. When I had both lights in front of me (Chrome and Black) I knew that would drive where I went from there. I did not want to go all black but thought more was good for me. Next big decision was my Wheels. 21" Whistler phantom cut in the front and 17 on the back. Iso contrast grips and chrome reduced reach handlebars. Exhaust is Reinhardt Xtream Duals chrome with black tips.

I think my wheels tipped the scale to where the bike seems to have more black than chrome.

Still trying to decide on mirrors (thinking black mirror and stem), foot pegs(boards) but will stay with a contrast cut. Also on the fence about the saddlebag handles, I'm thinking they need to be PM contrast as well as contrast breaks from PM in the front. Also like the inner fairing in BBP but changing that may have me change the handlebars to black.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts