Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked with a HD dealer that offers a discount on parts. Asked what the price for paint would be $196.37 for the vivid black base coat & BBP top coat.
Is that a good price, and is it a good quality paint?

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
I'm confused, is that the price to paint something, or the cost of the paint, and if it's the cost of the paint, is it a quart of each, as in $100 a quart?

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
A pint of BBP special ordered from PPG is now $300 which includes shipping from their Cleveland plant.

This is for the good DBC basecoat special effect layer which goes over vivid black and then is cleared with good PPG urethane clear.

Its very spendy but its the perfect match and a much better quality than the HD dealer parts counter paints.

Your choice...best or cheap ;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought the paint they get is directly from PPG. FYI the guy told me that
was the price for both the vivid black base coat & Big Blue Pearl top coat.
Quart size is all the sell

·
Registered
483 Posts
A pint of BBP special ordered from PPG is now $300 which includes shipping from their Cleveland plant.

This is for the good DBC basecoat special effect layer which goes over vivid black and then is cleared with good PPG urethane clear.

Its very spendy but its the perfect match and a much better quality than the HD dealer parts counter paints.

Your choice...best or cheap ;)
Just to back RoadHawg up (not that you need it)...

I'm having FBI paint some parts for me. The owner and painter told me the same thing that RoadHawg said regarding the BBP. I'm paying a little more but I trust these guys and want it done right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts