Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of mileage are you guys getting with the big cams, say 560 lift and up. The posts always talk about the power they make but will they live. Changing lifters every 25,000 miles is unacceptable for me.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Many are running Stage 4 set ups and are putting on lots of miles on them. I think the HD cam used is a .590 lift (259E).

·
Registered
809 Posts
I got a 103" with a CR575 and a 107" with a tman 625, both with 1000's of miles on them and no problems from the cams, both bikes have been as far west as LV and all the way up into Maine and down the east cost. I also have a S&S G2 126' with a S&S 640 in it with around the 30 thousand mark with no problems.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
We have bikes out with tens of thousands of miles on .650 lift cams, not a ticking time bomb whatsoever.
Even have a client in Syracuse, NY, with over 100,000 miles on his 124", that has the S&S .640.
FWIW the Moco issued a service bulletin back in the Evo days to "inspect and/or replace" the lifters at 25,000 miles.............on a stock engine with a tiny cam.:)
Scott

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
The SE 259E cam has .579 lift and I used them in a 103 stage IV and after 10,000 miles I pulled the cams and they showed signs of excessive wear. The SE heads I was using had the stronger valve springs in them.
Right now I am using the stock heads but I put in the SE valve springs. The SE valve springs produce a little more valve train noise and it is harder on the valve train but I also have a more positive valve closing IMO.
The cam I am using is a .555 lift and I haven't inspected it since I installed it around 10,000 miles ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts