Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to start my new road glide project, which will be all about performance. Originally I was considering the S&S T143, but have decided against it. I am now looking at the S&S 124, Jims 131 or 135, and the Fuel Moto 126. I want, no, I need to be around 150hp/tq. I'm not looking for a 50k engine, I'm looking for a 25-30k beast that will mostly be for me, but will occasionally be hauling the wife as well. The major issue that I deal with is the intense Miami heat, as that is the biggest enemy of the engine. I will also be adding the best accompanying parts to complete the package, clutch, starter, etc.
Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Go with a S&S 124. I have a 124 LC, 130 HP - 135 TQ. Stock from S&S. You will need a exhaust, larger throttle body and injectors. Stock starter will work. Right now I have the stock clutch in it. The biggest concern is the tune. I had a shop in Boyton Beach tune it. Marc did a great job. Make sure this is what you want, not a cheap investment.
I can put another $2,000 in it $ be 150-150. I thought about going back to the stock engine, probably keep it as is. Good luck in what ever you deceide. Have fun. Dave

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'd stay away from Jims. Star racing in Georgia will hook you up, S&S 126" B2 heads, gonna need a good pipe and clutch.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been looking at the Star racing package as well, definitely is in the running. Also, what I forgot to mention, is that John Sachs, of Sachs Race Bikes does all of my bikes. I'm doing my research to narrow down what the best options are before I call him to get started. I know he has some things he will want to do that are specific to his setups. He has made killer power every time for me.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
At/very near 150/150 has been a number we frequently see from a 124", with either a Wood 9F, or T-Man 662-2, from coast to coast, with our head work.
Just sent our 15th, 124" home since mid-December, 2 weeks ago.
Carbed, 124", .640 cam, our Stage I S&S Heads,.......139/151....with V&H Big Radius pipes!........dyno report on our company Facebook. :)
Scott

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Fuel Moto is the best bet in that situation their outlaw motor is a beast.. If you really want to get your motor running do a 107 and a turbo..

Aerocharger on a stock motor will get you close to those numbers, do a 107 and you can get to 180-200 range :)

Reactions: RGKen

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Is it just me or did the original post sound more like "So, my 14" penis isn't big enough anymore and I have way more money than I need so I'm going in for an additional 6 or 8" and just wanted you substandard weenies to know that I'm out here and would like to hear how I should spend the excessive amount of cash I have"? Just wondering.....

·
Registered
546 Posts
"Life is too short to put up with stupidity. Strive every day to educate someone, including yourself!"

You should heed your own advice.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
At/very near 150/150 has been a number we frequently see from a 124", with either a Wood 9F, or T-Man 662-2, from coast to coast, with our head work.
Just sent our 15th, 124" home since mid-December, 2 weeks ago.
Carbed, 124", .640 cam, our Stage I S&S Heads,.......139/151....with V&H Big Radius pipes!........dyno report on our company Facebook. :)
Scott
I might add, that Woods 9F cam is not a noisy cam when set up right. Almost impossible to know it is a Woods cam by sound. Good set up Scott.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
"Life is too short to put up with stupidity. Strive every day to educate someone, including yourself!"

yea rg113, I guess sarcasm is a bit much this early. Too much coffee and too little work leads to salacious posts a futile attempts at humor. Sorry you missed the point. My bad.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

yea rg113, I guess sarcasm is a bit much this early. Too much coffee and too little work leads to salacious posts futile attempts at humor. Sorry you missed the point. My bad.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not a guy with cash to burn, far from it. I've had my current bike 8 years and plan on having the new bike for around the same. My bike is the only thing in my life that I spend money on, after my family. When it comes to my bike, I like and want the best! I never do it for a bigger d#$k, only because i like power and performance. I'm only hoping to gain from others experience so i can choose the best package for my next 8 years.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My bad!! In reading my original post again, I see what gave the impression that I had money to burn. In stating that I wasn't looking for a 50k engine, but a 25-30k, I was referring to the miles, not the cost. Sorry for not acuuratly conveying my what I meant. I hope that clears things up. Thank you again for all feedback and advice.

·
Registered
546 Posts
sfcusaret2004. Guess I misunderstood. Happens on the internet. No harm. I used to live in Mich., north of Mt. Clemens. How's it going up there? Roads getting any better?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
sfcusaret2004. Guess I misunderstood. Happens on the internet. No harm. I used to live in Mich., north of Mt. Clemens. How's it going up there? Roads getting any better?
it's Michigan, it's summer, and the orange barrel mating season is in full swing. Roads still suck but, It's 85 and sunny so who cares, right! at least it's not snowing (yet);-}

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I might add, that Woods 9F cam is not a noisy cam when set up right. Almost impossible to know it is a Woods cam by sound. Good set up Scott.
That tried/true combo JUMPS on the torque very quickly, and hangs all the way out. :)
Matter of fact, I am going in, to be opening up late Sunday afternoon to accomodate a client, with #16, 124" this year.
2013 RG 110".
We'll use his heads on that one.
Looks like several on deck already for this fall, as well.
Scott

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I know it's been said, but use the tried and true S&S 124 built the way you want it and it will give you very good performance with all the power in the world if built right and stay together I might add. Hard to beat this set up and with a warranty to boot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts