Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out at a buddy's place last night. When I went to leave, the bike was hard to start, then when it did, it went into limp mode. Pulled the codes and got a P1510. Cleared it and restarted the bike, but was still in Limp Mode.

Well, I only live about 1 1/2 miles away, so I limped it home. I hate to be stranded.

Got up this morning and the bike was fine. Did some research in the troubleshooting forum and found plenty of information pointing to the TSG connector. My buddy works at the local HD and he asked his pals in service, they told him the same thing.

So I pulled the outer fairing, checked the connector and put dielectric grease on the contacts. I put plenty of miles on locally today and still no trouble.

I think that the problem is solved.

Thanks to everyone who has posted troubleshooting information here! It does help and it is appreciated!

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
That's what makes this forum the best. Glad you got it worked out

·
Registered
639 Posts
I had the same problem with mine last summer. I ended up adding cleaning the throttle body connector and lubing with diletric grease to my service checklist. No problems since.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
This sounds like something for me to research while my fairing is off!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put plenty of miles on locally today and still no trouble.

I think that the problem is solved.
I've put about 500 miles on the bike since I made the repair and still no problems. Thanks Folks!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts