Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Metzler me888 mu8516 FITS perfect no cutting grinding or changes need to be made.

The story if ya got time.....
I.must say I looked around for 2 days.. info back n forth this will fit but.. or this tire will fit if you.. no clear answered questions. And the cats that ask never posted there findings.. so I wanted to at least do that.... I may have over looked a good answer being snow blind with all the replies ending in what ifs... so if I missed your I'm sorry..
.if your a proud owner or the o5 ultra classic as I am you may have been upset with the stock huffy or Schwinn bicycle sized rear tire . It just looks funny to me. The stock tire was the same frt and rear on my bike the mt90b16 Dunlop 402. Pictured. On my 02 VTX 1800 retro custom I went thru a Plethora of tires being almost 1000 lbs with my butt in the alligator seat...I settles in on the Metzler me888 and fell in love with the long wear tight grip and look of this black rubber donut. So I looked for the 888 for the ultra classic too. I ordered the wrong tire on accident after shopping tires for 3 hrs late nite .. I bought the mu85 16 me888.
it was 170 bucks shipped from direct bike parts and I had it in 2 days.
This was mt 1st HD rear ture r and r what a breeze i hung the bikes rear tire off my lift and it worked like a charm the mu85 is almost 1 inch wider but looks even fatter than that.. I was scared it was going to end up my new frt tire...
the tire fits like a glove. 3 mm from belt cover 6 from the belt and even though you can't see much of it the tire makes the bike look beefier from the rear.. handle?? It's a Metzler it rides like a slot car on the the track. In turns..

Ride safe
Respect the lawmen even if they don't deserve the respect cause the badge does..
And don't be an a$$hole.
Our country needs this in a bad way..
Gotta know joe hobbies
Joe.

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
1,862 Posts
My 08 has always used MT16 front tires and MU16 for rear, it comes stock that way. Quick Google search says the same sizes for your bike. Rear tire is a 140 and the front is 130.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts