Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone has taken Red Grade Rd (just south of 14). into Sheridan WY and what the road conditions were like for a bike. I'm looking for a route from Cody WY to Deadwood SD.

TIA.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No sense of adventure! :grin: lol

Any routes worth taking between Cody and Deadwood? We're taking 14/Alt14 on the way out from Sheridan to Lovell (an onto Red Lodge).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Can't go wrong with 14 or 14/14A.

We've also enjoyed 20 to 16 to 14.

With either route, if time requires, can abort and hop on I90 -- but seems a shame to do so with the great 2 lanes in that part of the country

·
Registered
95 Posts
We're doing ride next week from Deadwood to Red Lodge. Leaving Deadwood ride to Sheridan stay night then do the loop back around to 14Alt/ 14 Greybull/ 20/16 to Worland 16 back to Buffalo. Next day back to Sheridan and 14Alt to Cody. That should catch about everything in area.

·
Registered
95 Posts
We're doing ride next week from Deadwood to Red Lodge. Leaving Deadwood ride to Sheridan stay night then do the loop back around to 14Alt/ 14 Greybull/ 20/16 to Worland 16 back to Buffalo. Next day back to Sheridan and 14Alt to Cody. That should catch about everything in area.
I hope you are also going to do Beartooth and Chief Joseph/Indian Hill while you are there.

(Red Lodge - 212 to Chief Joseph to 120 to Cody)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't go wrong with 14 or 14/14A.

We've also enjoyed 20 to 16 to 14.

With either route, if time requires, can abort and hop on I90 -- but seems a shame to do so with the great 2 lanes in that part of the country
Good to hear on 20 to 16 to 14 as that is the route I initially had in mind. That may be what we take being we will be hitting 14/14A on the way out.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope you are also going to do Beartooth and Chief Joseph/Indian Hill while you are there.

(Red Lodge - 212 to Chief Joseph to 120 to Cody)
Definately planning on Beartooth. Had this route in mind 212 from Red Lodge to Tower Junction, then 14 over to Cody. This doesn't include Chief Joseph/Indian Hill though...

Seems like a short day to only go from Red Lodge to Cody through Beartooth Pass and Chief Hill, But I definitely don't want to miss an epic road!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Definately planning on Beartooth. Had this route in mind 212 from Red Lodge to Tower Junction, then 14 over to Cody. This doesn't include Chief Joseph/Indian Hill though...

Seems like a short day to only go from Red Lodge to Cody through Beartooth Pass and Chief Hill, But I definitely don't want to miss an epic road!
Your gonna have a really good time. When I was out there the only part I didn't like was riding through Yellowstone.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nothing wron with taking some time to see the museum in cody.

If you prefer riding, and think you have time, Chief Joseph and Beartooth in the opposite direction gives a completely different view.

Then use 308 and 72/120 to quicken up the final trip between Red Lodge and Cody.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts