Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone going? This will be my first time. Leaving from Los Angeles. Suggestion accepted.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Bro, I believe it's in Fayetteville Arkansas.
Supposed to be a Great Time.
I'm do for a trip to Arkansas to see a Bro just not in the near future.
https://bikesbluesandbbq.org/
Mike U.
I've been wanting to do it for the last couple of years, just hasn't worked out. Let me know before you go Mike; and if you don't mind a "tag-a-long" maybe things will align and I can join ya!!

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I've been wanting to do it for the last couple of years, just hasn't worked out. Let me know before you go Mike; and if you don't mind a "tag-a-long" maybe things will align and I can join ya!!
Right on Jack!
Will do. I'm sure we'd have a great time together.
My Bro lives about 30 to 40 minutes from Fayetteville and the B,B&Q would be a blast to attend.
He's also told me that some of the best riding he's ever done has been on the roads of Arkansas.
And he's road plenty.
Just don't forget the BRCC Coffee:wink:
Mike U.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Right on Jack!
My Bro lives about 30 to 40 minutes from Fayatteville and the B,B&Q would be a blast to attend.
He's also told me that some of the best riding he's ever done has been on the roads of Arkansas.
And he's road plenty.
Mike U.
I'll place an order of BRCC and have it delivered directly to his house! Will just need to know your daily consumption rate! :grin::grin:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Right on Jack!
My Bro lives about 30 to 40 minutes from Fayetteville and the B,B&Q would be a blast to attend.
And he's road plenty.
Mike U.
Maybe we can get John to tag along too!
Mike U.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I'll place an order of BRCC and have it delivered directly to his house! Will just need to know your daily consumption rate! :grin::grin:
Jack I can drink as little as a cup a day to a pot a day.
Just depends where and what I'm doing and I have cigars with me.
Mike U.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Jack I can drink as little as a cup a day to a pot a day.
Just depends where and what I'm doing and I have cigars with me.
Mike U.
Are they Stogies or the 'REALLY COOL' Clint Eastwood spaghetti western cigars? :nerd::smile::wink:

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
THis is a HUGE rally. If you do not have a room yet, you might be hard pressed to find one.

Eureka Springs is the place to stay. The distance from your hotel room door to a great riding road is just the parking lot. Lots of good riding around there, but it is crowded at BBB time. Last time I went, there were accidents everywhere. All the volunteer fire departments are fully manned this time of year.

The in town action is split between the south site, around the University baseball stadium and downtown/main stage, and the north site around Pig Trail Harley-Davidson. Not sure where they do the BBQ. The two sites are about 20 miles apart (big town, it is actually 3 big towns jammed together. Walmart is HQ there). There is usually a train that runs between the stadium and downtown. Park at the stadium and take the train unless you are gonna ride down Dickson Street in the constant bike parade.

If you park at the stadium, watch where you park. The East Lot is free, and huge, but if you park on the street, you may not find your car or bike there when you get back. The big amusement waiting for the train was to watch all the cars and bikes get towed for parking in the wrong spot.

The main lot at the stadium (north side) is where vendors setup and demo rides happen. The area around Pig Trail HD is also vendor central. Same deal with parking up by the HD Dealer, but they have guides pointing out where to park and where not to.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Are they Stogies or the 'REALLY COOL' Clint Eastwood spaghetti western cigars? :nerd::smile::wink:
Jack, when I ride I usually smoke J&R 6 Cigars as they are not too expensive.
Otherwise, when I'm relaxing, I like a La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black, Romeo Y Julietta Medaallas de Oro 1875 and Baccarat 1871.
If all else fails whatever I have in one of my two humidors will suffice.
Mike U.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
THis is a HUGE rally. If you do not have a room yet, you might be hard pressed to find one.

Eureka Springs is the place to stay. The distance from your hotel room door to a great riding road is just the parking lot. Lots of good riding around there, but it is crowded at BBB time. Last time I went, there were accidents everywhere. All the volunteer fire departments are fully manned this time of year.

The in town action is split between the south site, around the University baseball stadium and downtown/main stage, and the north site around Pig Trail Harley-Davidson. Not sure where they do the BBQ. The two sites are about 20 miles apart (big town, it is actually 3 big towns jammed together. Walmart is HQ there). There is usually a train that runs between the stadium and downtown. Park at the stadium and take the train unless you are gonna ride down Dickson Street in the constant bike parade.

If you park at the stadium, watch where you park. The East Lot is free, and huge, but if you park on the street, you may not find your car or bike there when you get back. The big amusement waiting for the train was to watch all the cars and bikes get towed for parking in the wrong spot.

The main lot at the stadium (north side) is where vendors setup and demo rides happen. The area around Pig Trail HD is also vendor central. Same deal with parking up by the HD Dealer, but they have guides pointing out where to park and where not to.
That's Great Info ONG!
Thanks for posting Bro.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
For those of you who have visited in previous years and either camped at, or attended BB&BBQ events at the Washington County Fairgrounds.....................

The powers that be have decided to close the fairgrounds for this event effective in 2019 until ???

However, working closely with the event organizers, Benton County (Rogers, Bentonville and surrounding towns in Benton County) have stepped up to the plate and offered the Benton County Fairgrounds for use in 2019.

My guess is that this is just the beginning of BB&BBQ starting to drift north towards cities and residents that appreciate what the event brings to our part of the country.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have finally got coverage at work so I'm good to go. Booked a room in Springdale and am ready for a great getaway. My son in law and neighbor are slated to go as of now, but they change their mind quicker than the weather does. I'm heading out regardless. I'm in need of some good ol two wheel therapy. Was wondering if anyone else is heading that way.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I have finally got coverage at work so I'm good to go. Booked a room in Springdale and am ready for a great getaway. My son in law and neighbor are slated to go as of now, but they change their mind quicker than the weather does. I'm heading out regardless. I'm in need of some good ol two wheel therapy. Was wondering if anyone else is heading that way.
I should be there, probably camping in Eureka Springs. Shoot me a pm with your number and we can try to get together.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Is anyone going? This will be my first time. Leaving from Los Angeles. Suggestion accepted.
I rode out last year with my son and had an absolute blast! It is one of our favorite smaller rallies. There are vendors located throughout the town and lots of live music. There should be maps there for their locations. One of the nice things is the locals are happy for you to be there. They line up early with lawn chairs on the main drag downtown and wait until evening when the bikes ride through with lots of LEDs and other noisy distractions.

The main website has a lot of excellent mapped routes: https://bikesbluesandbbq.org/ride-maps/ . The "Pig Trail" was my favorite.

Uber/Lyft works quite well and is relatively inexpensive. The main "party area" is downtown. Parking can be a cluster to take the lift and to not worry about drinking and riding.

Oh, and great BBQ!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I rode out last year with my son and had an absolute blast! It is one of our favorite smaller rallies. There are vendors located throughout the town and lots of live music. There should be maps there for their locations. One of the nice things is the locals are happy for you to be there. They line up early with lawn chairs on the main drag downtown and wait until evening when the bikes ride through with lots of LEDs and other noisy distractions.

The main website has a lot of excellent mapped routes: https://bikesbluesandbbq.org/ride-maps/ . The "Pig Trail" was my favorite.

Uber/Lyft works quite well and is relatively inexpensive. The main "party area" is downtown. Parking can be a cluster to take the lift and to not worry about drinking and riding.

Oh, and great BBQ!

Enjoy!
Oh man, we were just down there last week, and after reading this I'm glad we were ahead of the BBB rally, although it would be cool to see. Probably a good thing too, as we just booked our hotels on the fly and it sounds like we would've been SOL if the BBB was going on. Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to ride the Pig Trail that far south, the north section is nice, with long sweeping curves, but we cut off south of Huntsville to 74 and rode what's called the "Jasper disaster" loop - hella fun!

Any of you guys going down there, if you get a chance, make sure and do the Peel Ferry loop too - Hwy 7 is smooth as glass and full of curves, but Highway 125 on the north side (into Missouri) of the ferry crossing is a ridiculously fun road - just make sure you run it all the way to Bradleyville, it's curvana (read: curve nirvana). Like riding a roller coaster on two wheels!

I'm convinced there isn't a straight section of road in all of the northern half of Arkansas - and it's awesome! You can pick a direction and ride and find fun roads with great scenery. Being up in MN, it reminds me of the North Shore, but bigger and a lot warmer!

We will be going back for sure! (off BBB rally though!)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts