Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to start up a summer part time job to bring in a little extra cash. The bar I am working at has parking right out back, but its uncovered. I am searching for a bike cover I can stow in the saddlebags and throw on in case it rains to cover up at least the console/dash and seat.

Per the usual, Harley seems the most expensive. Any suggestions..?
Thanks all.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Walmart has cheap covers. I have one, use it mostly as dust cover in the winter, no experience on durability in the elements.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I bought one of these for when we're on trips and parked at the Hotel... It works pretty good, has straps to keep it from flying off and bungee cords that attach to the foot pegs.. Folds up in a small pack kinda like a fanny pack that's very small.. barely takes up any room in the bags..

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I use the Harley Oasis day cover part number 93100028. It's a half cover so you don't have to worry about hot pipes burning it. It's samll and compact. It's not water proof but is water repelent. My bike has sit in some pretty heavy rain while at SWIV with it on and everything stayed dry. Cost around $109 at dealer.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I bought one of these for when we're on trips and parked at the Hotel... It works pretty good, has straps to keep it from flying off and bungee cords that attach to the foot pegs.. Folds up in a small pack kinda like a fanny pack that's very small.. barely takes up any room in the bags..

Amazon.com: Nelson Rigg UV2000 Motorcycle Half Cover - X-Large: Automotive
That's a great price! Do you know if it fits the RGU? I bought the HD Oasis and it fits great over the tour pak. A lot of the other covers I looked at would not fit the RGU because of the tour pak but would fit a satndard RG.

·
Registered
516 Posts
That's a great price! Do you know if it fits the RGU? I bought the HD Oasis and it fits great over the tour pak. A lot of the other covers I looked at would not fit the RGU because of the tour pak but would fit a satndard RG.
Not sure if that one would fit due to the Tour Pak... It fits my 2013 RGC and covers the top of the bags with the back rest on... Looks like this one fits a Goldwing.. it may work..

Amazon.com: UltraGard 4-458G Charcoal Touring Motorcycle Half Cover: Automotive

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Someone mentioned the cover from walmart. I have one from them and it works fine for dust and rain. It's really light weight but I use it all the time when I'm at my girlfriends for the weekends. It is thin but it serves the purpose. If I remember correctly I only paid $20 for it and had it for several years

·
Registered
896 Posts
I bought this one last year. Serves the purpose for the price ($22).

I used it everyday for a week last year when I was away for a trip. I'll take it with me this year when I go cross country too.

Rupse Motorcycle Motorbike Water Resistant Dustproof Uv Protective Breathable Cover Outdoor Black and Silver XXL https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009321FKK/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_kLJvvb152N6WB

·
Registered
414 Posts
Check out Nelson Rigg at Motorcycle Superstore.com I have had the cover since 2003. Light weight, packs really small. Cheap. One thing not mentioned is that a cover also keeps folks from messing with your scooter.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.