Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do brands make much of a difference. I'm worried about cheaper units damaging my paint.

Even the HD one that's on the softail wary off.

I ride my bike to work alot and leave it in the 110f sun all week while I work away.

Is there a budget decent cover that I can get that fits our bikes 12" bars no tour pack. My softail one will not cover front fender.

·
Super Moderator
4,566 Posts
XYZCTEM Motorcycle Cover – All... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L3RLQYW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
There are many to chose from. I’ve used this one on a couple of road trips. It’s light and compact, doesn’t take up much space in the saddlebag. I have 14” bars and it covers well even with the TP on it. I should use it when I ride to work but I’m not too crazy the necessary time spent to do it.

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Registered
353 Posts
Picked this up about a year ago...well built and plenty big for my '19RGS with 8.5" Memphis Shades shield and 12" bars.
These are big bikes and this totally covers entire bike, wheels, exh, bags, everything. It's big but I can roll it up small enough to shove it into saddle bag.
Slope Font Sleeping bag Rectangle Electric blue

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I got one made by Built as well, got it on sale at Cycle Gear. Though I only use mine when it's ticked away in the garage during the winter.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Are you saying it sits outside daily or weekly? If daily you might look into a bikini. Weekly you definitely prob want something UV and water repellent

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't use a outside cover stored inside for extended time.
I have a really nice BMW cover with vents but it doesn't breath enough and for prolonged use will cause rust to form.
Make sure it's breathable and soft flannel near windshield.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Weekly. Depends on what I'm doing that week for work though. Sometimes it's day trips, she's getting front suspension done at moment then I'll add my kurykan floor boards then it's in to get paint correction/ceramic coated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts