Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new here, I have 2012 road glide ultra, it starts and runs fine if I ride gingerly, but if I get on it like want to it cuts out almost like it’s losing spark around 3500 rpms, thinking it might be the ECU just wondering if you guys have Any ideas,
Thanks

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Kinda sounds like fuel starvation at higher RPM, how many miles on the glide, and have you ever changed the fuel filter in the tank, the service manual has an interval for replacement.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If what you are describing is kind of like a hiccup, very brief in nature, you could just need to replace your spark plugs. This happened to me before and when someone suggested I install new plugs, I thought they were crazy. THAT WAS IT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,265 Posts
If what you are describing is kind of like a hiccup, very brief in nature, you could just need to replace your spark plugs. This happened to me before and when someone suggested I install new plugs, I thought they were crazy. THAT WAS IT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Always start small and EASY.

·
Registered
57 Posts
At around 20k miles, my 2011 SG started cutting out on acceleration just very occasionally. I couldn't track it down. Tried reseating every connector I could find multiple times, that'd help for a week or a month. Over time it got worse until I finally found a broken wire in the MAF sensor connector behind the throttle body. It's a 4 pin inline connector, one wire was totally broken, another was down to one strand. Repaired those and it's been fine for the last 85k. Mentioned it to the dealer service mgr, he said it was a known issue. Should've talked to him first, lol.

·
Registered
977 Posts
First post needs a hearty welcome...Hearty Welcome!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts