Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in a bike dolly - have looked on line - stowing a Road Glide Special - any recommendations, what to avoid, what to pursue.
Appreciate your lessons learned - thanks.

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
From what I've read, stay away from the Harbor Freight ones. They are supposedly not long enough for a full size bike, but apparently work well on bikes like Sportsters, etc..

Lil Chief

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am interested in a bike dolly - have looked on line - stowing a Road Glide Special - any recommendations, what to avoid, what to pursue.
Appreciate your lessons learned - thanks.
If you are just looking to move your bike in the garage, you might want to consider a lift.
These run about $150 at Sears.
I use it to work on my bike or just to move it. It rolls easily and is stable. I drop the bike after I position it. But it could be left on the jack if you want

Craftsman Professional 1500 lb. Motorcycle/ATV Jack - Sears

Item#: 00950191000

Model#: AG02883G

Item Weight :44 lbs.

General Warranty:1 year

Minimum Height :3.5 in.

Maximum Height :19 in.

Lift & Jack Type:Floor jacks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
No disrespect, but that sears yellow jack is absolute crap, I had.one given to me and flexed so bad I almost dropped my glide I gave it away for nothing.

·
Registered
189 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I did not know I needed a dolly till I saw this video - Damn it.....thx! :wink:
holy crap! over $500 bucks for that. i think i'll stick with the j&s dolly. already have the jack so don't have to add that in. i like the looks of the redline dolly, but it's almost as much as the j&s. they were having an awesome sale right around thanksgiving. shipping included, right about $225

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the red Craftsman. Don’t know if there is anything different with the yellow, but I like mine. Pretty safe, has a couple of tie downs. I have used it with my RGS and some metric stuff. Hard to beat on the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts