Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 fltru
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
may not make sw5.laid bike down coming home from laughlin bike ralley.harley called me yesterday.estimate to repair 22600.00-the bike( was )a 2011 fltru with 12000.00 in mods.glad i had extra coverage for mods.slid for 80' on my back.had on a textile jacket,1 rip,4 frayed areas.very impressed with textile.:mad:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Man, Sorry to hear you laid it down, BUT very glad that your typing this post. Sounds like you came out of it okay.

As far as the bike, wouldn't they total it with that much damage? Time for a new one in time for SWV.

·
Super Moderator
13,523 Posts
Glad to hear you're still here. 22k sounds like they may total it. IMO with 22k worth of damage I think I'd rather them total it, take the extras off that are worth salvaging, then buy another bike. For that amount there a plenty of 2011 RGUs, in fact I've seen CVOs for just a little more. But that's up to you, I know how it is to be attached to a bike. Have they given you an estimate of how long to repair? Ever thought about renting a bike for SW5?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Hey Diesel~ Sorry about the bike, but I am glad to hear that you made it pretty much unscathed. Very lucky, indeed. I should wear my textile jacket more. Perhaps I will after hearing your story. Good luck with the bike.

·
Super Moderator
6,182 Posts
Glad to hear you weren't seriously hurt Diesel. Sounds like that jacket was a great investment. Hopefully your insurance co. does you right and your back to riding before SW. I'd be hoping it was totalled and taking off any parts worth using.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sorry to hear your bike is a mess, but at least your O.K. Lucky you had your jacket, or your back would be "Street Pizza."

·
Registered
492 Posts
Glad to hear your ok, sounds like your jacket did it's job. I started wearing mine about 2 years ago after my son had a lay down. After watching the ER scrape the asphalt and gravel from his shoulder and arm, I've never left home without it. Hopefully you get back on the pavement soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.