Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a little help, yesterday I did an oil change. Switched from Harley Synthetic to Red Line Synthetic 20w50. Took it for a ride the motor felt extremely sluggish. Oil level was correct. Never felt right after it got to operating temperature. I ended up switching back to Screaming Eagle feels much better but not like normal. ANY IDEAS????

·
Super Moderator
13,524 Posts
Never heard anything like this, following just because I'm curious. BTW, do you usually do your own maintenance, and confident at what you do?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have done the 3 previous services without issue, and I have installed all of the add ons. I found it quite odd / weird too.

·
Administrator
13,730 Posts
I have been running Redline 20-60 in this bike for four years now , never an issue .. My first thought is you put way too much oil in there , was she smoking like a dope head ?

JtB

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No smoking, I put a little over 3 quarts. The oil reads about half way on the criss-cross pattern on the dip stick.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
I wonder if the valve in your oil filter malfunction.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No indicator lights came on, oil pressure stayed steady at 30psi while riding. I used Redline 20w50 vtwin synthetic.

The bike accelerated fine (or so it seemed) it was when I let off of the accelerator or shifted to a higher gear (5) there was an odd vibration at the center of the bike. When I pull the clutch lever in it idles fine and oil pressure seems normal. None of the indicator lights have been tripped, I pulled the plugs they look normal. I may replace them (they are almost 3 years old)

It could be me being overly cautious, but I would hate to do serious damage.

Again thanks for the help and suggestions.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I went into the diagnostic and checked the code. No thrown codes. Beginning to think it may be me being over cautious. Plan to ride it for a while and see what happens.

Thanks all for the help / suggestions!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.