Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a gun safe that can easily be bolted to the saddle bags of a Road Glide? It has standard bags. Ultimately what I'm looking for is an RFID safe that I can drill a hole into and hard mount to the frame inside the saddle bags. Spin off the new quick release bolt put it through the safe hole and spin it back on. The quick release bolt would then be locked inside the safe. Maybe some washers etc for sure, but I'm just describing the simple idea. The Nano vault and the Hornady snapsafe won't clear the mounting hardware. I know they are not RFID, but I'm just illustrating sizes that won't fit. Any ideas?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have been using the console vault mentioned in a previous reply for years now. I have one for my 2005 Glide and one for my 2012 Glide......I had to make some modifications to the mount block for the 2012. They are solid safes that are bolted to the bike frame through the saddlebag....keeps my cash and gun safe when I am on the road. One thing to watch.......the leading edge of the safe can/will rub the saddlebag.....if you are not careful and keep an eye on it....it will rub a hole in the saddlebag. I used a grinder and took some material off...smoothed it out and things are good.

Good luck.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have been using the console vault mentioned in a previous reply for years now. I have one for my 2005 Glide and one for my 2012 Glide......I had to make some modifications to the mount block for the 2012. They are solid safes that are bolted to the bike frame through the saddlebag....keeps my cash and gun safe when I am on the road. One thing to watch.......the leading edge of the safe can/will rub the saddlebag.....if you are not careful and keep an eye on it....it will rub a hole in the saddlebag. I used a grinder and took some material off...smoothed it out and things are good.

Good luck.
If you ever get rid of one of those console vaults, I'm interested. They aren't made anymore and are tough to find.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you ever get rid of one of those console vaults, I'm interested. They aren't made anymore and are tough to find.

Noted.........

It's a shame they are no longer made. They have served me well.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Does anyone know of a gun safe that can easily be bolted to the saddle bags of a Road Glide? It has standard bags. Ultimately what I'm looking for is an RFID safe that I can drill a hole into and hard mount to the frame inside the saddle bags. Spin off the new quick release bolt put it through the safe hole and spin it back on. The quick release bolt would then be locked inside the safe. Maybe some washers etc for sure, but I'm just describing the simple idea. The Nano vault and the Hornady snapsafe won't clear the mounting hardware. I know they are not RFID, but I'm just illustrating sizes that won't fit. Any ideas?
I found these options that might work with some mounting hardware. The third claims to be "RFID":

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Bulldog-Cases-Mounting-Bracket-Cable/dp/B005CGNANG/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=motorcycle+gun+safe&qid=1575838721&sr=8-5[/ame]

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Bulldog-Cases-Mounting-Bracket-Cable/dp/B004MC53G8/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=motorcycle+gun+safe&qid=1575838866&sr=8-6[/ame]

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/hornady-rapid-safe-rfid-model-2600kp-with-keypad-large-98177.html?_iv_code=0H-GF-98177&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAiA27LvBRB0EiwAPc8XWeYpabpLpKP6SW0WgZcihKnyoHfyLRE5Pka3sKVTyHPYln5pBl7o1BoCFrsQAvD_BwE

·
Registered
731 Posts
When I travel through states that I cannot carry, I lock my firearm (unloaded) in one of these boxes and lock it in one of my saddlebags. I lock the ammo in the other lockbox and lock it in the other saddlebag.

Amazon sells 2 box pack for less than $40.

https://www.snapsafe.com/lock-boxes/lock-box-lg

Lastly, I make it a point to never stay overnight in a hotel in a state that does not honor my CCW permit, so I plan my routes accordingly.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Those aren't bad options but because of the way that they open it doesn't seem like a good option for mounting inside a bag. Also, if you're in a hotel room I don't think that you'd need a CCW.

·
Registered
123 Posts
So I contacted the people at Console Vault......I asked them why they discontinued the Harley saddlebag vault. They did reply and said they might bring it back next year.........so keep an eye out for them just in case. Maybe send them a message to show there is more interest in the return of that model.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts