Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Insurance will come out and figure out the cost of damages to determine value. If you have and mods done to the bike then get all of your receipts for everything. One more very important piece of advise would be NOT to cash any checks the insurance company gives you til you are completely satisfied. Once the check has been cashed the company considers it to be case closed and it will be very hard to get more money from them if any other damages pop up in the repair process which will always happen

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
How tangled is it? my Ins covers the bike (doesn't matter who the rider is) and pass injuries to limits. Contact with ground (object) or object contact decides deductable, comp or coll.

·
Registered
8,394 Posts
Did he get hurt ? Did the police show up ? I wouldn't tell the insurance co. Someone else wrecked my bike if I didn't have to.

Insurance companies usually replace at around , when damages exceeds 80% of
The value

·
Registered
91 Posts
Check your policy to make sure he is covered. A friend wrecked my dad's 4wheeler. The insurance company cut my dad a check for the claim and said they were going to use subrogation to recover the damages. He told them to keep their check and canceled the claim.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8,394 Posts
You probably won't get retail.

·
Registered
985 Posts
You can argue with them and get replacement value plus your accessories. I list all my accessories with my bank and insurance company just in case anything were to ever happen. Makes it a lot smoother

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'm in the car business and it varies by which insurance company and what state. You can go to NADA and KBB and book it out yourself for free. There sopose to go off retail minus your deductible. Then add your accessories and deduct approximately 25% cause accessories are used. But 90% of insurance companies will pay replacement cost. For instance i had a 2004 Nissian maxima loaded with 38000 miles on it in 2010. Book value was only 12500. I fought that cause the only one i found was 1400 miles away and was exactly the same car with 5000 more miles. Was selling for 18999. They offered me 12500 and I refused. I said here is the exact car i found. So buy it for me and were all good. I ended up getting 18125 . Just be prepared and you'll be fine

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Don't want to sound mean, but why isn't the guy who wrecked it covering the cost of repairs? I mean, if I borrowed a bike and then wrecked it, I would feel responsible for making it right to the owner.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He offered to buy me another bike and I can sign mine over. But I do have insurance and that's what it is for. He then said he will pay my deductible and anything I'm not covered for. Also he is going to pay any difference in insurance premium. He feels terrible about it and I love him like a brother. I told him that's why I left it to him, because I knew if anything happened he would handle it

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How tangled is it? my Ins covers the bike (doesn't matter who the rider is) and pass injuries to limits. Contact with ground (object) or object contact decides deductable, comp or coll.
What company do you have coverage thru?

·
Registered
4,251 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
I went through this last year. I got into the back of a taxicab on my Deuce. It was a $6000 repair estimate, they added that to the salvage value of the bike and it exceeded 80% of the "fair market value". They considered it a total loss and offered me $11500. I explained to the adjuster that I have $4000 in extras on the bike, but i didn't expect retail on the goodies. They countered with $13500. I took it and ran to the bank. That got me into my Roadglide :D.

Do your home work, check Edmunds, KBB, NADA, Craiglsit, Cycletrade ect..., figure out what fair market value is. I won't settle for less than this number plus any extras not found on your comps. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
My insurance Co has a set $3,000 accessories limit. If here is more $ invested the mods need to be listed and of course they are going to charge more for added insurance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts