Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
a little info on my current setup before i dive into my issue:

2010 RGC 58,000
V&H V02 A/C
True dual Headpipe
CFR KO mufflers
FL-VIED 10 set at 75% per Steve from NightRider

I purchased this bike with 57,000 miles and have since added 1000. When i purchased the bike it had stock AC, mufflers but aftermarket true dual head pipe. I noticed that it would idle very roughly. bounce between 900-1200 rpm with sometimes it sound like it will stall out but it would sputter and the rpm would jump back up.

Being new to this bike and harley in genral i took the bike to a indy and had all fluid changed and bike given a once over. He noticed the eratic idle but said that everything else was fine and that a tuner would get rid of the idle issue.

I purchased the power vision and have an appt for tomorow to get the bike tuned correctly. Since i didnt want to pay for a tune twice i decided to get the AC and Mufflers that i want before i take it to the tuner. I purchased the V&H V02 AC and some CFR KO to see if i like them. the install went smooth and i contacted Steve at Nightrider to see what setting i should have my VIED set at and he told me the same setting of 75%. i thought that was strange but he said that should be the correct spot.

Well long story short is that my bike still idle erratic. i talk to harley tech who told me to replace the crankshaft position sensor. i did that and still no change.

My question is will the tuner be able to tune my bike with this behavior and will the powervision be able to resolve this issue. Is there anything that you guys might be able recommend me try to d to resolve this?

I have learned a lot from this forum and appreciate the assistance and info that you guys have to offer!

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I would talk to Fuel Moto.

I have true duals, and at idle, it does tend to "hunt", and a certain amount of that can be ironed out with a decent tune. It has to do with the asymetric geometry of duals, if I recall the conversation correctly.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would talk to Fuel Moto.

I have true duals, and at idle, it does tend to "hunt", and a certain amount of that can be ironed out with a decent tune. It has to do with the asymetric geometry of duals, if I recall the conversation correctly.
Conceptually that would make sense. I do see that the rear cyliner looks to be running a little richer then the left but not by much. Im hoping that the tuner can tune it out with the power vision.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Conceptually that would make sense. I do see that the rear cyliner looks to be running a little richer then the left but not by much. Im hoping that the tuner can tune it out with the power vision.
Yeah, Im not sure if it has to do with mixture as much as difference in back pressure, etc, I believe the rear exhaust is twice as long in distance travelled than the front, if I recall correctly that has something do do with it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not criticizing the vieds but i would pull them off when you tune with the powervision. I'd get a map from dynojet and then run autotune until it is spot on. I wouldn't worry about a dyno tune unless the bike has something more than AC and pipes.

I definitely plan to remove the vied when I tune with the power vision.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Hello all,
a little info on my current setup before i dive into my issue:

2010 RGC 58,000
V&H V02 A/C
True dual Headpipe
CFR KO mufflers
FL-VIED 10 set at 75% per Steve from NightRider

I purchased this bike with 57,000 miles and have since added 1000. When i purchased the bike it had stock AC, mufflers but aftermarket true dual head pipe. I noticed that it would idle very roughly. bounce between 900-1200 rpm with sometimes it sound like it will stall out but it would sputter and the rpm would jump back up.

Being new to this bike and harley in genral i took the bike to a indy and had all fluid changed and bike given a once over. He noticed the eratic idle but said that everything else was fine and that a tuner would get rid of the idle issue.

I purchased the power vision and have an appt for tomorow to get the bike tuned correctly. Since i didnt want to pay for a tune twice i decided to get the AC and Mufflers that i want before i take it to the tuner. I purchased the V&H V02 AC and some CFR KO to see if i like them. the install went smooth and i contacted Steve at Nightrider to see what setting i should have my VIED set at and he told me the same setting of 75%. i thought that was strange but he said that should be the correct spot.

Well long story short is that my bike still idle erratic. i talk to harley tech who told me to replace the crankshaft position sensor. i did that and still no change.

My question is will the tuner be able to tune my bike with this behavior and will the powervision be able to resolve this issue. Is there anything that you guys might be able recommend me try to d to resolve this?

I have learned a lot from this forum and appreciate the assistance and info that you guys have to offer!
Don't go with some half-a$$ed canned map over the internet.
That's like me trying to wear your shoes, and you trying to wear my pants................chances are neither will fit correctly.
Grab the phone and contact RC Cycles, in Hayward, CA.
Those folks WILL get you straightened out, as Bob Lobenburg is one of THE BEST tuners in the country, no matter who says what.
Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts