Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when click the switch the fob doesnt seem to talk with the bike. My battery is fully charged and it's not very old either. The screen does show enter pin but I dont know my pin. The actual screen doesn't start in order to hit the start button
Any advice?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 15. Bought it in 2018. Dont think it was ever changed.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
If the bike is showing enter pin it's not reading the FOB. Try the other one if you have it or swap in a new battery.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
and make sure you put the new battery in right side up. happens more often than you would think.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,187 Posts
If it's telling you to enter the pin then the fob isn't working. I just went through this myself 6 weeks ago. I was somewhere where there wasn't a place to buy a battery near by on Memorial Day. Luckily, I thought to ask my GF if she had her car fob with her and thankfully she did and it was the same battery as used in the Harley fob. Swapped the battery over and it was good to go. If you swap the battery for a new one and you still get a warning, try to cycle the ignition to ON, OFF, ON. That should do it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Enter Pin

The enter pin message appears on the speedo where the mileage is usually. I just went through about 8 batteries, including 2 from the dealer, before I found ones with any juice. If you are near a batteries plus, buy a couple from them for your fob. They need to come from a source that sells a lot of button batteries, otherwise they may not have enough juice to power the communication between the bike and fob.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Enter Pin

Sorry about my previous post as I didn't see your comment about the enter pin appearing.
From my 17 manual there is the sequence of strokes that make the original pin appear.
Changing the pin

Select a 5 digit pin with numbers 1 thru 9. There can be no zeros in the pin. Record the pin on the wallet card from the owner's manual.
With a fob present cycle the ignition on-off-on-off on.
Press the left turn signal twice...The turn signals will flash 3 times.
Press the right turn signal once...The current pin will appear in odometer and the first digit will flash.
Enter the first digit of the new pin by pressing the left turn signal button until the desired digit appears in the odometer.
Press the right turn signal once. The new digit replaces the current number in the odometer. The second digit flashes.
Pressing the left turn signal until the desired second digit appears in the odometer. Press the right turn signal once.
The third pin number flashes.
Pressing the left turn signal until the third desired pin appears in the odometer and then press the right turn signal once.
The fourth digit flashes.
Press the left turn signal until the 4 desired pin appears in the odometer and then press the right turn signal once.
The fifth pin number flashes.
Press the left turn signal until the desired pin number appears in the odometer and press the right hand turn signal once.
The new pin has replaced the old pin in the odometer. Turn the ignition off.
It may be that you can cycle the run/stop button with the ignition turned on instead of the whole ignition switch. After not having a good battery for a few days, it is easy to get used to putting in your pin to start the bike...but not as easy a replacing the battery in the fob.
Good luck to you and I hope this post helps.

Reactions: Buzzy

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
If it's still the factory set pin # it will be five 1's.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Folks, it was the battery. Harley dealer made it seem like it was the end of the world and I need to get all kinds of services and diagnoses done and spend a lot of $$$. At the end of the day it was a $4.55 fix at my local battery plus store.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Harley dealer made it seem like it was the end of the world and I need to get all kinds of services and diagnoses done and spend a lot of $$$.
Of course they did :(

It's unfortunate, but that's just the way some people run their dealerships. I can see it already; an hour's worth of "diagnostic / trouble shooting time" at $100 per hour and then $8 for a new FOB battery........................

·
Registered
198 Posts
Pin Number

The sequence I typed out for you will let you see the pin that is used to start the bike you have...I understand not wanting to change it, but if it was me, I would at least check to see what it is.. Might save your ass someday in the middle of nowhere.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts