Road Glide banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Just do the work yourself that way you know it's done right. Did you check into getting a lawyer?

·
Registered
2015 CVO Ultra traded for 2020 Black on Black RG Limited.
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just do the work yourself that way you know it's done right. Did you check into getting a lawyer?
I hope not to, I am not a lawyer type unless pushed, Service Manager has taken the issue to the owners and are supposed to advise this week. I feel certain the dealership wont want lawyers involved either.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Todays update, servicing dealers Service manager and owner met with me, we had a long quiet discussion. They will not take any responsibility for issues but are reimbursing me in full for any and all costs associated with the brake failure I had including food and drinks. Could a lawyer get more? I am sure but like I said I am not a lawyer type. Yes I feel we were at risk but I ride a motorcycle and have for close to 50 years and about 600,000 miles I know the risks I take every mile I ride.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So basically, I read they bought lunch? 😉
Yea and about 30 Margaritas and Lobster and Steak, and some pancakes...LOL 4 days of rental car and hotel beachside room, and an 1100 dollar tow bill.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
So are you happy with the result? That is most important to me....

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So are you happy with the result? That is most important to me....

In retrospect, simple answer yes I am satisfied. I truly believe this was isolated and a tech pencil whipped the service. He will not be working on anything I ride again. Tire pressure was not actually checked and he did a blow by brake pad replacement not taking the time to actually do it right. Failures in an ABS system seem difficult at best to track to a root cause so no telling. Had lawyers been involved it would have been more money to me but potentially a 2 year ordeal of mechanics saying different things. Plus my bride made me get the new black on black limited....We spent 4 days in the Outer Banks for free, I would have rather finished our trip thru Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge but sometimes life gets in the way.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Had 60k service done on Wednesday left for the Blue Ridge by way of the Outerbanks Saturday. 700 miles into the trip lost the rear brakes (dealer installed new pads) the front brakes locked up rear tire went flat and front only had 20 PSI when we got it to the shop after an $1100 tow bill. We were on Ocracoke Island with catastrophic brake failure so had ferry ride etc to deal with. The Master tech says brake job blew a seal causing ABS to get air in it and master cylinder to blow out and lock the fronts. Tires were damaged due to low air pressure, air filter was filthy. ESP Warranty paid for all the repairs including tires not the tow.
Now the bride does not trust our 2015 CVO RGU who knows what else the dealer did wrong in the last 45k.
Traded it for a blacked out 2020 Limited Ultra.
Ever heard of these type brake issues?
Servicing dealer says they did everything right. Discussions are not finished.
i am surprised u didn't feel a problem with low air in tires

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
i am surprised u didn't feel a problem with low air in tires
Neither of us did we always travel together and bike was loaded for a 9 day trip. Noticed no issues until the last 25-30 miles and at that point the front end was just heavy feeling.

·
Registered
19 Posts
#1 your new rg limited has tpms, thank God we finally got this on harleys, so you won't have to worry about tire pressure again.
#2 the dealer that did your brakes probably didn't clean the dust boots on the calaper when they pushed the pistons in ao debris got into the pistons causing failure, total dealer/mechanic oversight.

·
Registered
2017 FLTRU SE 114 stage 3
8 Posts
One way to check the shop for accuracy is this suggestion, get some ladies fingernail polish and paint all drain plugs and one screw for each piece removed. (just a stripe from fastener to mount flange) if they serviced the bike the paint will be broken, if not serviced it will “look” good. Call the shop on it before you pay the bill. I have caught several shops this way. Their embarrassment was good to see, and led to changes for some.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts