Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, have 2008 road glide no issues until now. Was out for a ride on the I95. As I shifted into 5th gear I noticed the bike had no pickup but was still cruising. After a few seconds bike just started to slow down. Downshifting/Upshifting had no effect. I coasted off at the exit and stopped the bike. Put bike in neutral and back in first, bike just revs but want move no matter what gear it is in. Anyone encountered this or have idea where to start. I have been running homemade exhaust for about a mouth could this have damaged the engine?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Check to see if you lost the rear drive belt.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sounds like the clutch took a vacation. How many miles on it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay sometimes it is the simple things..some how the clutch line nut had backed itself out.

thanks all for the help.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
Does the clutch pull in like it always did?? If the clutch adjustment is off then you would notice more play in the clutch lever. It could be a stripped clutch hub or transmission input shaft. If it was the transmission chance are you would hear a lot of noise and the problem would be in one gear first instead of all the gears.
I would pull the outer primary cover and do a inspection first thing if the clutch pull is normal.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Check the rear sprocket. I seen them break away from the wheel. Jack it up and check it.

·
Registered
988 Posts
As stated check the rear belt sprocket & make sure the bolts didnt get sheared off. If that aint it your gonna have to dive into the primary. When you put it in gear does it still click like its going into gear? You might have stripped the transmission pulley somehow. Is there any abnormal noises that you are hearing? There are a few things that could be wrong here.

Lil Chief

1 - 10 of 10 Posts