Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to start the thread about getting together at Bike Week. I will be there from March 8 - 16 and would like to get as many Sharks together as possible. If you have a good place to meet, please speak up. I'm looking at doing this on Thursday, March 13th. Stay tuned for more information. And please speak up if you want to help get all the Glides in one place!!!

·
Super Moderator
12,349 Posts
The Sharks usually do a meet up in the parking lot at Target across from the race track.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'll be in town the 14-16th. Gonna be riding the keys the prior days. Hopefully I can join the meetup.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Since I'm a "Snow Bird" down here this winter, I'll be around. Looking forward to meeting a few people.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
We usually meet up twice. After people announce their schedule we can meet on 1st Saturday/Sunday and again late in the week for the guys that won't be here for both. Post your schedule and I will set it up. Usually Target parking lot at Williamson and International Speedway Blvd (across from speedway).:D

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'll be there 14-16. Decided to check out the keys again and other parts of FL for most of the rally this year.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Anyone coming down from mass or nh? I'm in westford, mass and have a new tundra, but new trailer. I'd be willing to take my truck down with someone's trailer if I could fit my fltrx in there with their bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
892 Posts
Looking forward to my first get together since moving to South Carolina from Arizona - and my first "Bike Week" since 1989.

·
Registered
249 Posts
What happens after the 'meet up' at Target? Is there a
destination that we to ride to for a B.S. session? Or does everyone
just hang out in the Target parking lot?
I would suggest a 'meet up' and then a ride to a resterant on highway A1A
(beachside) south to Racings North Turn. It is on the beach....and not an overly long ride...everyone could make their way there, meet up again
for a light lunch and watch the waves. Just an idea...since meeting in the middle
of bike week, would be hard to keep a group of strangers together.

Chuck the Mensh

·
Registered
892 Posts
What happens after the 'meet up' at Target? Is there a
destination that we to ride to for a B.S. session? Or does everyone
just hang out in the Target parking lot?
I would suggest a 'meet up' and then a ride to a resterant on highway A1A
(beachside) south to Racings North Turn. It is on the beach....and not an overly long ride...everyone could make their way there, meet up again
for a light lunch and watch the waves. Just an idea...since meeting in the middle
of bike week, would be hard to keep a group of strangers together.

Chuck the Mensh
Chuck - Did you have a particular restaurant or bar in mind at that destination? Though its been awhile since I've been to Daytona, a small group riding together shouldn't be that tough but that's based on my experience of a meet & greet group getting together at the Laughlin River Run. Any other thoughts anyone?

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I'll put up a survey in the next few days (waiting for rain/cold). :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Chuck - Did you have a particular restaurant or bar in mind at that destination? Though its been awhile since I've been to Daytona, a small group riding together shouldn't be that tough but that's based on my experience of a meet & greet group getting together at the Laughlin River Run. Any other thoughts anyone?
I mentioned the "Racings North turn"...because it is outside (South) of the BIKE WEEK epi-center. It IS ON the beach....has half way decent food/drinks. The point of a 'meet-up' to me, is the talking and getting to know each other...PLUS....it is ON THE BEACH! I in no way take responsibilty for any of this. You all want to meet at Target...cool. I just asked "Then what?" I know....that during BIke Week...is is HARD to meet anyone, let alone someone you have never met before. But pull up in front of a store in a parking lot full of Sharks.....bound to meet a friend!

Chuck

·
Registered
805 Posts
OK. I'll be in Fla until April and at Daytona off and on. I'm in, someone pick a time and place and I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting other shark members.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I'm planning to the there the 14th and 15th myself and would love to meet a few members.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I will be there 12-16 and would love to join in if possible. I will be with a group of sharks and a few others. I missed the meetup last yr as we were riding all over the place but I know my way around much better now so I can break off when I want

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I have put up a poll for dates during bikeweek. It only allows one choice but I plan to meet at least twice based on most available dates. Probably first Saturday and again later the following week.:D

·
Registered
492 Posts
I just got the call today about spinning/hosting 2 different venues at Daytona. I guess FTS is renting out the Broken Spoke, and I also got a call from a promoter about a pavilion, a new venue. I'll let you know, because I would like to meet up with some of you.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Not sure of my schedule yet but should be no problem. I live in St Augustine and ride the roads of central FL daily ~ a meet at Target sounds like a plan and then if anyone wants to go on a decent ride we can do a few backroads in the center of the state. Just food for thought. Does not matter if one or two or twenty. There are a few curves in the center of the state but you have to know where they are ~

·
Registered
249 Posts
The poll for when everyone wants to meet at the Target Store is in the "Road Trip" nsection of this forum. This will be my first year with a Shark nose...so am looking forward to seeing all the differant style of things done to the FLTs.

Chuck

1 - 20 of 53 Posts