Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while having my bars put on at the dealer they were moving my Glide when the machanic lost his balance and dropped my Glide. Dented my front fender and scratched a exhaust tip. The dealer will take care of everything. My question is should I stick with the stock fender? What fender would you use.
2010 Roadglide Ultra

· Registered
2,266 Posts
Not sure if it would fit but I like the '15 stock fender better than my stock '13. Think ours are the same.

· Registered
492 Posts
I would upgrade if possible.

· Registered
1,264 Posts
Are they going to be buying the new fender? I'd assume they will only agree to give you a stock fender back.

· Registered
1,264 Posts

· Registered
7,522 Posts
They won't pay for a upgraded fender you will only get a stock fender as a replacement.
The reasons why is a aftermarket fender WILL NOT come painted to match and Harley dealers are not body/paint shops so they will not pay to have the fender painted. Also the dealer can get a stock fender way cheaper then a aftermarket fender because they get HD parts at their cost from the MOCO. If the dealer runs the claim through their insurance company then the insurance will only cover OEM part as well.
The dealer can and will order a fender painted to match from the MOCO and that's what you will get. Get the stock fender then if you want to upgrade to a aftermarket fender later on you can always sell the stock fender.
If the dealer does go with a aftermarket fender and have you pay the difference then they will mark up the parts and paint work so high it would cost you more then if you ordered the parts and had the fender painted. JMO

· Registered
136 Posts
Stay with stock fender-upgrade to 21" wheel...

· Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,636 Posts
All you can do is see. You can always just tell them to pay you for the damages. Nothing says that you have to let them do the repairs. Get estimates from other shops or dealers.

Toby
Totally agree.

If you want an upgrade, take it in $$. Otherwise, just have them replace it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.