Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an issue yesterday that stranded me. Had to do the tow truck thang, ouch, I'll leave that for post elsewhere. Had almost exactly the same issue that 13HDGLIDE did and posted last week: http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=33639&highlight=idiot

Except, mine didn't start then stall, it just didn't start. Was running perfectly until I stopped. It would turn over but no fuel pump noise-no engine light. Having just read most of the above thread on Friday I immediately checked fuses. All looked good, swapped out the spare for the fuel pump and the ECM, no go. Bike in neutral, switches on and off several times but no cycling of fuel pump heard. New battery in key fob too.

If I don't figure it out tonight, dealer is picking up tomorrow. 2.5 months left on the warranty.

Ideas?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a similar issue, turns out one of the connections under the seat came loose from changing out seat all the time. It loosened the connections. I dunno, shot in the dark. Was a black square connection in front of the ecm. Had a tow teuck on way and i played around with it, then heard fuel pump cycle. Fired right up

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8,792 Posts
What fuse ? ECM ?

·
Registered
8,792 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You got any amps hooked up ?
No, stock in that regard. I don't remember if the radio was on. A lot of times I have it on but muted so I don't have to reach to turn it on while riding. I saw a thread a while back about "proper" shutdown. I don't remember what the consensus was but I normally use the switch on the handlebar then the ignition switch.

·
Registered
8,792 Posts
No, stock in that regard. I don't remember if the radio was on. A lot of times I have it on but muted so I don't have to reach to turn it on while riding. I saw a thread a while back about "proper" shutdown. I don't remember what the consensus was but I normally use the switch on the handlebar then the ignition switch.
I never shut my radio off, never. So I don't think its that. Maybe disconnect the battery and clean the posts and clamps real good. Look around for any scared wires too. I also use the kill switch to shut down. Always have with no problems.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Me neither, ignition switch only. When I took her in for the brake switch recall it took a minute or two to figure out why she would not crank over, damn kill switch :)
I just did this when I took mine in for the voltage regulator recall, took me a second to go through why it wouldn't turn over. Fun stuff!

·
Registered
8,792 Posts
Do you guys always put it in neutral before turning it off no matter which method?
99 % of the time yes I find neutral before shutting down.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I never take it out if gear when shutting down, I don't want the bike to roll if on an incline. Always, use the thumb kill switch, then the ignition switch by handle bars and never have had a problem. Post if you find the problem for my troubleshooting mind.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts