Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my first BBB this year and had a blast. When I left Kentucky it was raining from Kentucky through Missouri so I went south to miss the rain. It was about a hundred miles further, but worth it to keep from riding in rain all day. I made it to Conway, Arkansas the first day and the world famous Toad Suck....

the next morning I headed north through Pickles Gap toward Eureka Springs....

Friday morning early I hooked up with Arkieglide, Wanda and Phil and we headed to Pig Trail Harley and Harley Village in Rodgers, this the road to Rodgers....

They had some cool vendors selling about everything you could think of....

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From there Phil led us to Penquin Ed's for some crazy tasty BBQ then we went on to the Trax Center.....

Lots of vendors there and cool bikes

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After that Phil led us to Dickson Street, going in the back way avoiding all the traffic....

After that we headed back to ES for dinner and margaritas. Saturday morning while waiting to do the flag handoff at the Cathouse we rode over to the Swinging Bridge. The Bridge doesn't swing so much as give as cars go over it....pretty cool

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
then on to the Cathouse in ES for the flag hand off....

Good place to kick back and watch the world go by....

the guy in the orange is the parking Poobah....you need to get out he'll move bikes and do what he can to dig you out....

After the handoff and some lunch we decide to hit the Pig Trail

The scenic overlook on the Pig Trail....Phil, Me, Jeff, Old Nerd Guy(Tim), Wanda, and Akieglide(Ben). 60% chance of rain but thanks to luck and some creative routing with a little help from ONGs iphone 5 we didn't get a drop all day!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
after the Pig Trail we rode over to the War Eagle Bridge....an interesting bridge to navigate due to the gaps between the board and how the boards give as you ride across them....

Then it was back to ES for some more margarita's and watching guys drop their bikes in the parking lot. Flat places are at a premium in Eureka Springs so mix that with alcohol and the frequency of dropped bikes goes up exponentially.

Sunday morning before I left I took one last ride around old, historic ES....

The Cresent Hotel.....a sanitarium back in the day and now a hotel. They say its the most haunted hotel in America....

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After SW this was the most fun and best rally I've ever been to. A great deal of it had to do with my gracious hosts Ben, Wanda, and Phil (and Jeff)

They are the nicest people you could ever meet and went out of their way to show me the sights. Things I'd wouldn't have even thought of seeing had it not been for them. Thank you so much for your hospitality and hope we can do it again. I know I have a new September tradition!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Looks like you hit some great roads! Glad you enjoyed.

Stephen

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Damn, now I'm kicking myself for not going.... Looks like you had a great time and they are some real nice folks to hang out with, maybe next year..

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
great pics. I was in ES myself and did not see everything you did. maybe next year. we are going to make this a sep/oct tradition ourselves. we usually do Hot springs and now will include eureka springs and BBB

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
Wow, looks like you had a good time, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Since Jim and friends were staying up in Eureka Springs, and I was staying in Rogers, after we rode the Pig Trail (without getting wet), they returned to ES, and I went looking for adventure at the BBB Events.

First I went to the vendor venues at the sports stadium. Nothing really exciting there, so I did not take any pictures. The nice thing about it was the parking was relatively easy, and they had a Train running to Dickson St.

$5.00 Round Trip, and it stopped right on Dickson St.

That guy on the left, looking back down the train, is the one with a badge and gun. The rest are railroad folks who really had a good view of the action.

The one guy, above, and his fellow officers, are the exception to the rule on the sign.

Oh, and of course, we have cobblestones, sort of...

My first trip to a large rally like this. I was told that as it got later in the evening, things got wilder on Dickson St. All in all, a really fun time.

This is my third trip to this area, and I don't think I have even scratched the surface on things to do, roads to ride, people to meet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts